What's new

Annoying and Weird Bug

Dejital

I'm using the beta version of Rice's 6.1.1 and I'm loving the retexturing projects.
Here is an error I get when I try to start Ocarina of Time (v1.2):

Error to start video
g_pRender is NULL

And 1964 crashes and exits automatically. :yucky:
Ooh, now guess what happens when I start Master Quest... It works! And when I end emulation of Master Quest and try to start Ocarina of Time, it works; without the errors. Now, what's up with that?

I'd also like some recomendations for an audio plugin. Jabo's DirectSound 1.40 lags for me.

ggab

Emutalk Member
1. Azimer's 0.55.1 alpha Sound Plugin for Zeldas.
2. DId you Try it with the lastest drivers for the Radeon 9800 (v5.3 i guess)?
3. that GL error appears only in the OGL mode? (try the DX one too...)

OP
Dejital

Dejital

1. Azimer's 0.55.1 alpha Sound Plugin for Zeldas.
- I've started using Schibo's and it works good. I'll locate the version you mentioned later, cause version 0.50 of Azimer's plugin doesn't work for me.

2. DId you Try it with the lastest drivers for the Radeon 9800 (v5.3 i guess)?
- I have the latest Catalyst drivers, yes.

3. that GL error appears only in the OGL mode? (try the DX one too...)
- I use DX.

Federelli

Beta Tester
Error to start video
g_pRender is NULL

I used to get that error, it was caused almost always by enabling or changing the FB options.

OP
Dejital

Dejital

Federelli said:
I used to get that error, it was caused almost always by enabling or changing the FB options.
Oh, I guess that explains the Master Quest thing, cause I didn't change any FB there...Whatever, I like my framebuffer so I'll just stick with it.
:party:

3x3cUt0r

Soul Without Body
im getting this problem too, but swapping the renderer in the plugin from dx to ogl and back to dx, everything should work, at least it does for me ;)

new_profile

I have this problem too on DX renderer. I have an FX5200 with the latest driver from NVidia and I am using AziSndLLE RS Fix.

bob451052

Sorry to bring up an ancient thread, but I am trying to play zelda with a large folder of textures as well.
I also get the same error, and crash.
Only thing is that wether I use dx or ogl, it still happens, and I'm not even using a frame buffer, it's all in default settings (the FB).
What gives?
Happens in 1964 and pj64 1.6 and 1.7.
Makes it impossible to play retextured zelda :(

Edit 5 minutes later...
Ok so if you have this problem
Check the names of your texture files.
Usually the last texture the plugin tries to load is the, or one of the "problem textures"
In my case it was a file who's name started with "ZELDA MASTER QUEST1F..."
The issue was that all the other texture files (except one other problem texture) start with 'ZELDA MASTER QUEST#..."

So either rename or just delete the problem texture

Last edited: