What's new

Actress to play Samus

NicePics

Bluhaha!
When I read that there might be a Metroid movie in the works, I started thinking about who could play Samus. I'm voting for Sarah Michelle Gellar, she's proved herself capable of handling action and emotion for years on Buffy. Ok, so she shouldn't have signed on to that Scooby-bleedin'-Doo...

People wondering about the lack of character interaction shouldn't worry too much. A good script writer could start the movie with an Aliens like premise: terraformers/scientists finding new species (metroids), contact is lost (murderous space pirates are interested in using the metroids as a bioweapon), Samus and a bunch of space marines in bulky suits are sent to investigate and the marines are subsequentially wiped out, Samus - now alone - is forced to save whoever is still alive (a young girl, perhaps? NO cute animals!) and defuse this dangerous situation!

Flashbacks to Samus' childhood when her parents are killed by the pirates, and when the Chozo adopt her should also be in the film.

IMPORTANT
1. Samus is to be portrayed as a flawed character, so we'll care for her
2. Show what bullets do to flesh, forget mindless shooting (Tomb Raider...)
3. Character development!!!
4. Joss Whedon should write and James Cameron direct the movie

That was all... :bouncy:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I really wonder about that movie...
It's been over a year, probably lots more since they announced they'd do that movie - and we've heard NOTHING about it. So I really doubt it's going to show up. More like a canceled project.
But I would say it would be a very intresting movie if done right.

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
Even if it starts shooting, it'll fail, as most game to movie projects do. Tomb raider 1 was the only thing to do decently well in the movie theaters in recent years. And even it's sequal completely bombed. They'll probably get a unknown person to do it if it ever gets past the writing process.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
does it matter? all youll see is her eyes. And thats through a very green tinted visor.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
pj64er said:
does it matter? all youll see is her eyes. And thats through a very green tinted visor.

But the movie would have to be less than two hours, which, by the rules of all the 2D Metroids, would mean that once Samus wins, she has to be seen in a bathing suit... :flowers:

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
That would make so little sense in a movie, but I dig :D

so the question is, who do you wanna see in a futuristic bathing suit? :)

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
As long as she never even thinks about talking, yes, Gellar would be very appropriate. She actually even does look like the Metroid Prime version of Samus...

OP
NicePics

NicePics

Bluhaha!
The biggest obstacle to a great film probably isn't whoever gets to play Samus but the wouldbe writer/director lacking love for the subject. Let's get someone who hasn't played Metroid and hates videogames! :(

JevilKnevil

Milla Jovovich would also make a good Samus. She's played in at least two sci-fi/action movies (5th Element and ResidentEvil) that I know of so I'm voting for her.