What's new

Acces to secure area on MY own HDD

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
I finally got an old HDD of me working again and there are still a lot pics and other important stuff of me and my ex-gf on the HDD...
But there's one problem: they are into a password protected part of "documents and settings" in HER folder...
We don#t have contact or anything like that and I already tried all the things I know, but don't get it... any way to get acces to this part? Or are all pics lost forever? :(

WhiteX

attach to another comp... i don´t remember exactly how it is done but the system tells you that it is from the person who inserted the password and you right click the folder and change the ownership of it with an admin account.

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
Is it actually password protected, or does it just say "Access is denied"? I've seen it before where certain users cannot access the Documents and Settings folder of other users, even when they were admin (they get Access is denied). If this is true, then you will be able to change the XP permissions (assuming you are an administrator).

Right-click > Properties > Security tab. At this point, you might see a message saying you can't edit the permissions, but you can take ownership. So, click Advanced > Owner and change the owner to yourself.

OP
MasterPhW

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
WhiteX said:
Zalbee´s memory is better than mine!
Yeah and it worked...
But thanks for all the help, WhiteX, Zalbee and sethmcdoogle...