What's new

About Dsl Connection

StonedConker

i was just thinking of changing my modem and put a dsl connection since now it's a good season in Greece for dsl(it's getting cheap.I just want to know some info of ppl that been using dsl normaly a lot in other countries.Is it possible to d/l with 256/sec or it's just a fake number(like the 56k...you can't get more than 5.0k/sec).I've heard something that it's like the voltage,i mean it's always online like you push a button to turn on the lights.If it is like this way and not need to dial up....i mean you can be for 24 hours online?Anyway here it costs about 30euro/month.(the most important i need to know is about the extras...with the dialup you know that you pay **$/hour.Is the same with dsl or it's something indiependent?)The provider depends from the speed of dsl (256,512)

that's all
oufff

:innocent:

gokuss4

Meh...
my dsl service depends on how far you are away from the dsl station. i get 324kilobits down a sec average (40.5 kilobytes a sec) and 108kbits a sec average up (about 13.5 kbytes a sec) but they said hopefully soon they'll create another dsl station right down the street from me :D so ill 1.5 mbits down and 128kbits up :p

OP
StonedConker

StonedConker

i thought the 512 is kbytes.Is it bits?
when my provider says connected at 42.000 bps means bits not bytes?Can't Understand.All this years thought it was about bytes :(

nah 8 bits make a byte
[][][][][][][][] = 1 byte, so when people talk about connections devide by eight for their real possibilties

Riven

Then it's not ADSL. The A of ADSL stands for asynchronous. It's a different DSL solution.
Here in Spain ADSL 256 gets me 30 Kb/s maximum, I tried a lot of ISPs.

Lex

i've got adsl in the netherlands : down: 512kbps ~60kilobyte per second up : 128kbps ~13kilobyte per second they are going to increase both with the half so down : 768kbps and up : 192kbps :D

Willow

Well, i got adsl (512)
But i jut want to say that according to my experience it's going as fast as 84 kb/s both upload and downloads... :)
Not 64.... :)

RPGlover12

lucky guys dsl here is soooooooooo fuckin expensive
i got a stupid isdn :) but am happy with it ;)
the fastest kbs a dsl can go here is 512 kbs per second it connects at a very high speed i dunno how much but it moves 512 kbs per second :)

Lex

RPGlover12 said:
its his bit speed that has nothin by how much it downloads it depends on the modem speed

if he has a network modem, that's his network speed