What's new

A way to stop the analog stick from re-centering itself?

Terranigma

Instead of using a mouse for FPS, I was wondering if there's a plugin for the keyboard that disables the analog stick's auto re-centering. I don't mind playing FPS on keyboard as long as I don't have to keep tapping the control pad to steady my aim cause everytime I let go, it starts to re-center itself.

radorn

well, that would require a really crafty and unusual programing to do, and the results wouldn't be perfect.

An analog stick works like a ball mouse, in that when you move the stick, it moves a pair of wheels with little perforations in it's outermost ring, back and forth, wich are read by some kind of scanner.

When the stick mechanically centers itself, it is not just a software made up thing, but you are really generating movement to the center, so there are readings for that.
It would be as if you drew a spot in your desk and started your mouse there and then moved the mouse away and into that spot, disabling cursor aceleration and avoiding lifting the mouse from the desk surface.
Moving the joystiq and letting it center itself would be as if you moved back the mouse to your staring spot in the desk.

if you can come up with some way to make your mouse avoid readings to the center, apply the same to your stick, but that would not help you in any way and would create a lot of trouble instead. how would you go back to the center when you NEED to??

The only way would be to modify the games so they would do something like goldeneye or perfect dark, wich is not the same, but a good middle point, and I don't think you can easily do that, if at all.

so no, not that I know of. you pretty much can't do that.

Last edited: