What's new

A new release? are you guy willing to...

TerraPhantm

I realize this is easier said than done, but one thing that can probably really boost the speed of Dolphin is making it SMP capable. That should theoretically give an 80% increase in speed.

Blacklord

Banned
sure dual core support teoreticaly should increase performance and decrease slowdowns but i doubt framerate will have a significant change.

Yoshiyuki Blade

Hmm, is it true that Dolphin doesn't emulate the CPU very well? I read about it in the readme of another GC emulator called GCEmu:

Where Dolphin Emu shows that the emulation can be done, GCEmu shows that it can be done at speed.
This is because the different focus. Where the Dolphin guys hate to do cpu emulation (especially recompilers)
this is exactly what I (Tratax) have been playing with since PSEmu.

I don't know how to work the emu yet, so I don't know how much faster it is.

FiRES

Emulator Developer
dual core could have a nice speed improvment ...
the fifo and displaylists handling could run on the second core
at the moment the gx fifo is a bottle neck (iirc)

cheers
F|RES

Ninjaro

wauuuu FiRES is here :) thanks man for your emulator and thanks to all team,

sorry for my bad english. :bouncy:

Last edited:

Yoshiyuki Blade

Falcon4ever said:
So, who wants to donate our team some dualcore systems :p...

I'm a semi-computer hardware enthusiast, so I wouldnt mind making a donation... after a year or two :p. But since I can't tell whether the project is still alive or dead, I'm gonna have to hold out :D.

TerraPhantm

Falcon4ever said:
So, who wants to donate our team some dualcore systems :p...
In all seriousness, a dual athlon MP system probably isn't too much nowadays... I would donate if I had my own credit card.

Clements

PCSX2 employs every kind of possible optimisation imaginable to boost speed, including SSE2 optimised graphics plugins and recompiler, and Pixel Shaders 3.0 support, along with the experimental dual-core support. The speed is acceptable in a number of games, and fullspeed in a few others. Dolphin could possibly benefit from aggressive optimisations like this, at the cost of raising the requirements somewhat in order to use these features.

BlueFalcon7

Well HLE would make the dolphin alot faster, would help the CPU alot. And I wouldnt care if the requirements were brought up (except pixel shader 3.0 Im not going to buy a 7800, just to play a game at 4 FPS insteas of 3.5 FPS)

TerraPhantm

Technically, the 6200 is capable of SM3.0, but it isn't really that great of a card, nor is it suited for the types of things SM3.0 would be used for.