What's new

A new Problem by M-theM

M-TheM

I had tried Animal crossing on dolphin final 1.03.2(??)
The game works....And i mean.....VERY SLOW...
So i thought it would have worked on My smart 256 R
But It shows the Nintendo Logo...And the speed is not perfect and the screen is blankly black....
Then i tried with R750...
Just like in my previous thread..Not even the Nintendo logo is shown...
By the sound and FPS, i can sense that the speed is good...
But i dont get it The BLANK BLACK problem is a real problem in the 600+ revs(not sure from which onwards)
Any way, i ve only tested 2 gcn games
Ok try to solve it

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
I have to tell you....If you want to emulate GC, you can NOT have a sucky computer! And yes, by todays standards, your computer is sucky. You need to upgrade. People have told you this already. No matter how many revisions is released, it is not going to improve your experience that much. Maybe a LITTLE, but not much.

I am going by the specs listed in your profile, i don´t know if you actually have a better one.

cerebus5

Stop posting threads demanding that the other members solve all your problems, it's annoying. You should be able to read around for yourself. If you don't have a good computer with a reasonable GPU, you are simply not going to get the performance.

Animal Crossing is on the broken games list:

-Animal Crossing: Video is not working in-game. It only shows a small line of gfx at the bottom of screen. Sound works and speed is around 15-30 fps on my system. {reported by Player594}

OP
M

M-TheM

i will upgrade it soon...But i thought Dolphin should be a perfect emulator so just popped in

cerebus5

Dolphin has good performance, but it is very CPU intensive. If you don't have at least a dual core pentium or equivalent AMD then it's not worth it. And you really have to have an Nvidia GPU that supports Pixel Shader 2.0. So I think 5500 and above will be ok.

But like I'm running an E2160, quite a low end processor by today's standards, and some games (Wind Waker, Pikmin 2, Super Mario Sunshine) are nearly full speed. Especially if I overclock.

Good luck.