What's new

A new FREE version of Project 64?? And how work 1.6 with these games?

sigfried.m

Are there no hope for a new and free version of Project 64?
I want only to play good with Zelda Ocarina of Time, Zelda Majora's Mask, Super Mario 64 and Paper Mario. Version 1.6 is good for these games?

X-Fi6

Why WOULDN'T 1.6 be good for those games?

How come everyone was raving about Project64 1.6 and how it has such nice FPS and little emulation errors? And now all of a sudden a new version starts being worked on and now 1.6 can't even play games as basic as Zelda and Super Mario 64?

1.6 is excellent with most games, even with its default plugins by Jabo.

When Project64 1.7 is released it will be a free public download for everyone. Do NOT ask when it will be released.

If you do not want to wait, you may donate $20 to the PJ64 team, and in doing so, they will grant you permission for use with any beta builds of 1.7 that they make.

Last edited:

ThomasH

I have not played all the games you listed but the ones I have ran on 1.6 with no real problems. Though your success will be system dependant. I say this as slow and unusual hardware can always throw up problem. I would recommend to avoid the leaked 1.7 as that is not the real 1.7. As with most beta programs there were problems with the early work. Though the later ones are working very well. I am very pleas with the way its going. I would recommend donating.

dartdude6

Mmm... Retextures....
1.6 works great. Although, I recommend you get the Glide64 Napalm video plugin. Rice's and Jabo's plugins don't work so well with Paper Mario.

mudlord

Banned
The beta is CLOSED closed now, right? No way to donate?

You are so wrong it aint funny.

There IS a way to donate now.

I would recommend to avoid the leaked 1.7 as that is not the real 1.7.

Not to mention the idiots that can't crack properly >.>

If they intend to release a beta release, they can AT LEAST learn to crack properly. Seriously, don't even go near the leaked version.

OP
S

sigfried.m

For use 1.7 I must donate, ok....but in Euro how much is 20$? And if I donate, then I have any update? 1.7 work with Vista 64?

ThomasH

If you donate you will be able to try all the latest betas yes. People are running it on Vista but I think most use XP still.