What's new

A few lost posts probably... (explaination)

Braveheart

As a lot of you are probably already aware, we're in the process of another (and hopefully our last) huge server move. I have just switched over emutalk to access it's database from our new server, so a few posts were probably lost in-between the time it took me to dump the database to the new server, and then to change the config file.

Sorry for any lost posts, but feel free to post again :).Oh, and the server should move (hopefully without any problems, but we all know that won't be true) tomorrow if all goes well with our DNS server.

That is all :).

-- Stuart Macdonald,
    emulation64.com server admin

blizz

Braveheart: Keep up the good work dude

RPGlover12 said:
my post number :cry: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :angry:

/slaps RPGlover

It's probably because those threads got transfered over to the new board where those posts don't count to your post total, ie threads which involve a lot of posts are going there. It's not the end of the world.

Martin

Administrator
blizz said:
Braveheart: Keep up the good work dude

/slaps RPGlover

It's probably because those threads got transfered over to the new board where those posts don't count to your post total, ie threads which involve a lot of posts are going there. It's not the end of the world.

Actually, neither that. I don't think we lost any posts at all, not more than 10 anyway. The reason your post count went down by a mile is that I've created a new board called "Moved by Moderators" where (normally) huge threads that seem to have no other purpose than to increase the post count of the poster will be stored. Post counts will not be increased by posts in this forum for that exact reason. It might be spam, it might not, but people attaching hundreds of images in the baaabe threads would increase their post counts and some people might not think that's fair.

Let's put an end to the spamming without me having to name those who spam. I'm sure you know who you are, and please don't make me use my iron fist. I'm also sure that the moderators will back me up on this. Just stop it.

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Martin said:
but people attaching hundreds of images in the baaabe threads would increase their post counts
I just hope people will still post there regardless of the post count.. :D

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
I lost around ten myself(i know because i posted on threads that were not moved to 'moved by mods', and they r gone).

i reposted my (in comparison) important ones, no damage done.:)

from this, i suspect there are more lost posts then u guess...

blizz

Martin said:

Actually, neither that. I don't think we lost any posts at all, not more than 10 anyway. The reason your post count went down by a mile is that I've created a new board called "Moved by Moderators" where (normally) huge threads that seem to have no other purpose than to increase the post count of the poster will be stored. Post counts will not be increased by posts in this forum for that exact reason. It might be spam, it might not, but people attaching hundreds of images in the baaabe threads would increase their post counts and some people might not think that's fair.

??? erm... I basically said that, anyway back to my rewrites.

Martin

Administrator
pj64er said:
I lost around ten myself(i know because i posted on threads that were not moved to 'moved by mods', and they r gone).

i reposted my (in comparison) important ones, no damage done.:)

from this, i suspect there are more lost posts then u guess...

You posted ten posts during the five minutes it took to move the database? Incredible. And you happened to post those exactly when the database was moved too. Unreal.

Martin

Administrator
blizz said:

??? erm... I basically said that, anyway back to my rewrites.

Oh yeah, sorry for correcting you. Your post wasn't completely correct though. :) The "Moved by Moderators" board was created before we moved the database to the server, that's all I wanted to point out. :D

blizz

Martin said:

Oh yeah, sorry for correcting you. Your post wasn't completely correct though. :) The "Moved by Moderators" board was created before we moved the database to the server, that's all I wanted to point out. :D

ok, cool. :)

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Martin said:

You posted ten posts during the five minutes it took to move the database? Incredible. And you happened to post those exactly when the database was moved too. Unreal.

not exactly ten , around...

i usually post around 10 posts(usually less) in a short period of time, and look as responces the day after(im not doing this on purpose, just answering threads that im interested in)
anyway, can u say 'at the wrong place at the wrong time'?

Last edited: