What's new

smcd

I must agree, Kevin19's code doesn't look like it does anything functional in the above post (PHP function especially).

OP
K

Kevin19

I must say you do not sound like a programmer with much experience
if you cannot instinctively analyze a code in your mind and pass a judgement on it whether it is working or not

But then again i would not want to say anything bashing

and doomulation the only thing that last night taught me

is not to get a cheap vodka
You know getting drunk can make a person really happy but not with the inappropriate booze last night i punched out all my stomach
i vomited all over myself and swam in my own vomit
do you have any idea what it feels to swim in your own stomach contents and actually enjoy it

zenogais

I wasn't making an argument about the aesthetic value of the code, I was saying that its just plain wrong and your emulator will fail because of it, but hey its not my emulator ;)

OP
K

Kevin19

I beg your pardon
But i have already tested the code and it seemed to work beautifully
But i am not bringing anything new into your attention
Because i have already said that i did and yet you bother have your response

By the way i would have put one of those faces too but unfortunately i do not have enough time to switch to the advance mode

OP
K

Kevin19

Yes out of request or lack of attention to my previous sentence which saliently indicated you that i have tested out my code and that it worked swell and yet you bothered to reply again

I have checked my code again and yours too and yours and mine shows the number 3 when the first 2 bits are set and yours seem to be showing the number -64

zenogais

Kevin19 said:
Yes out of request or lack of attention to my previous sentence which saliently indicated you that i have tested out my code and that it worked swell and yet you bothered to reply again

I have checked my code again and yours too and yours and mine shows the number 3 when the first 2 bits are set and yours seem to be showing the number -64

That indicates to me that you are using signed integers, meaning that the twos complement bit gets set, but its not the value anyhow, its the bit placements. So spitting out three doesn't really indicate anything except that the flags in bits 0 and 1 would be set. In this case that would appear to be the negative and overflow flags.

OP
K

Kevin19

spitting out three actually indicates the bits placement in the byte so i think it is pretty much the ultimate indicator that we have unless we used something lower than this language

and the fact that the number is signed and unsigned does not really change anything i checked it out both ways and it seems to do the same thing

I do not want to be ungrateful of your help
but please put your code to test before you post it
It might mislead the unwise to great mistakes

zenogais

Kevin19 said:
spitting out three actually indicates the bits placement in the byte so i think it is pretty much the ultimate indicator that we have unless we used something lower than this language

and the fact that the number is signed and unsigned does not really change anything i checked it out both ways and it seems to do the same thing

Most of that post was just a repeat of what I said, also, that code was tested. The problem with your code is that you're only writing to two bits of the entire byte. Meaning that the values of your flags register could only be 0, 1, 2, or 3. My code works as I have tested it, but here's a suggestion for testing yours. Try setting your flagss to something like this:

Negative = 1
Overflow = 1
BreakPoint = 1
Zero = 0

and then try reading out the values for each flag:

Code:
Negative = (P>>0)&0x1; //< Should work fine.
Overflow = (P>>1)&0x1; //< Whoops, error!.
BreakPoint = (P>>4)&0x1; //< Whoops, error!
Zero  = (P>>6)&0x1; //< Works fine.

I think you'll see that performing tests similar to that should show whose code truly works and whose doesn't. I'm not trying to start a flame war, merely I'm trying to help you fix a bug, so please just test my advice and answer truthfully. I've already tested your code and it failed.

Last edited:

refraction

PCSX2 Coder
Kevin19 said:

his code worked fine for me, and i checked it over, theres nothing wrong with his code.

Last edited:
OP
K

Kevin19

Yes his code did it work well except for it was in the wrong order

and i really did not want to bother to revise mine and yes i checked mine over and over again and it seemed to work swell

RipNLa

Although I've been reading the board I haven't posted since the main Chip8 thread, but man, reading Kevin19's posts are aggravating. I agree with the mod that didn't like his attitude. And before I get told to just not read his threads, I just want to say that I read them for the tidbits of good info I get from guys like Zenogais. Alrighty, thats all. Everyone can resume posting and programming now.

OP
K

Kevin19

You are right i do have an attitude problem
And if that is what you think of me
Then i will just say that i apologize and resign

Goodbye

refraction

PCSX2 Coder
Kevin19 said:
You are right i do have an attitude problem
And if that is what you think of me
Then i will just say that i apologize and resign

Goodbye

i think the problem is you dont accept where your wrong. this is my interpretation of how the convosation goes

Kevin19: hmm something isnt working properly with this x part
someone: Ah the problem is with this bit of your code
Kevin19: no its not, my code is perfectly fine.

OP
K

Kevin19

I am sorry but that is really not my problem

I can admit when i am wrong for instance when i admitted that zenogais code was alright except for the right order part which i think is what misled him to think my code was wrong

When i checked it for over more than 4 times and the bits seemed to be right in place

I can admit when i am wrong and i can admit when someone else is not

But I think this is going to be my last message on this forum so please do not even bother to reply

I admit that i have been a pain in the ass But i can at least admit it
And if that is what you people feel about me
Then i guess goodbye everyone

Have a nice life