What's new

64DD Emulation!

Janet Merai

TLOZ: Unicorns Lair Artist
I randomly found a topic for hackers dicussing Zelda64 DD and found a way to emulate the Disk Drive.

However, the Disk needs to be found to play it seems.

801E4EC0 2222 - This is the code to emulate the first file into the Disk Drive in Ocarina of Time v1.0 US/NTSC

I wonder if any of you hackers can crack this O_O;

azul

Hi,

Cooliscool is discoverer of this code

:pirate:

hmm.. just wild suggestion but could it be possible to create application which will modify emulator memory space and attach virtual 64DD into emulator (I know easier would be create new emulator :) )

back to reality .. it's not so easy to emulate something which is unknown.. :( alltho mame does emulate some HD-games (with n64 compatible hardware) at arcade side where haddisk is used .. but interface is not 64dd..

Last edited:

FlotsamX

Could you PLEASE convert this to V.1.2? I'd LOVE IT! Please! I'd do it if I COULD...

But, nonetheless... Nintendo has already stated that the DD Zelda was "Master Quest": if ever such a disc existed that could activate that quest file, it would most likely bring up MQ.

Last edited:

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Could you PLEASE convert this to V.1.2? I'd LOVE IT! Please! I'd do it if I COULD...

Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.1)
801E5080 2222

Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.2)
801E5780 2222

As requested but it just shows the locked disk icon but never the less this is a cool find by Cooliscool as always the beta freak does good ;) :)

gilgamesh

Hello,

I would like to know if somebody already tested these codes with the Japanese versions on a truth 64DD?

Thank you

FlotsamX

Hello,

I would like to know if somebody already tested these codes with the Japanese versions on a truth 64DD?

Thank you

Well, here's how it goes.

People in Japan have played OOT with a disc-drive attached, and it shows that locked file if you don't have the presumably non-existant "Ura Zelda" disc in the drive. So, yeah, this is basicly emulating how the disc drive would work with OOT.

AND, OMG, THNX FOR THE CODES! XD