What's new

1964 turns 10

schibo

Emulator Developer
Today, March 10, marks the 10 year anniversary when I decided to write an N64 emulator.

Last edited:

olivieryuyu

Woa schibo 's back!

1964 is still one of the best emu around and a lot of people uses it along with PJ64.

Many thanks for this nice piece of work :p

May be a v1.0 will be out one day, who knows? :)

jodiendo

Congratulations! Thanks to your emulator many people can play the games of their childhood once again!

OP
schibo

schibo

Emulator Developer
Thanks!

Hey Rice!

As far as I know, you, Gerrit and I haven't worked on the emulator core in over 5 years :). After 0.9.9, we did improve the emu quite a bit (especially with sound), and I did manage to fix a couple bugs...(loading from a save-state sometimes caused sound to be lost, and Kirby's face would stay perpetually bashed-in when he got hit in The Crystal Shards if Block Linking was on). I think it would be nice to release a 1.0 some day, but my ideas for a worthy 1.0 release is probably too much work.

olivieryuyu

Thanks!

Hey Rice!

As far as I know, you, Gerrit and I haven't worked on the emulator core in over 5 years :). After 0.9.9, we did improve the emu quite a bit (especially with sound), and I did manage to fix a couple bugs...(loading from a save-state sometimes caused sound to be lost, and Kirby's face would stay perpetually bashed-in when he got hit in The Crystal Shards if Block Linking was on). I think it would be nice to release a 1.0 some day, but my ideas for a worthy 1.0 release is probably too much work.

I think you fixed jpeg support that was broken in version 0.9.9 :).

I would say that even a small release (1964 v0.9.9.1 :) ) would be nice.

Anyway thanks a lot for this fabulous emulator!

Felipe

Brazilian Translator
I would say that even a small release (1964 v0.9.9.1 :) ) would be nice.

indeed, even a small release, just with a couple of bug fixes or support added to windows 7, server 2003 and 2008 would be cool. ;)

i'd like to contribute with a translation to 1964 too, it would be nice if a release came along with it.

anyway, congratulations in what you did so far, let's hope the future be a nice one.

Miretank

Lurking
Happy 45th bday 1964. :p

Kidding. Congrats Schibo, and much thanks for this awesome emulator. Much like everyone else here, I also pray for a new release someday. :)

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
I never thought I'd see some old regulars posting again.
Gotta love those small signs of life. :)

Cyberman

Those old Regulars have higher post counts than I do. Then again I don't post a lot to begin with (hmmm).

You know it's hard to believe it's been 10 freakin years! I'm feelin' old suddenly.
Gah! :D

Cyb