What's new

1964 and PJ64

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
After a year of being away from the n64 emulation scene, i came back to it last night and i loaded up the latest project 64, but most of the games ive got are non supported, ive downloaded the best video plugin but im not sure if that will help the compatibility, so is 1964 any better? Because there have been more recent releases but is it better than project 64?
thanks a lot for ur help

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Download 1964 and give it a try. What games are you attempting to run anyway?

Clements

If you are just using PJ64k, then the compatibility of PJ64 increased a lot during 1.4 > 1.5 SP1. A lot of those 'Needs Video Plugin' games are now playable with Jabo's, and Banjo-Tooie is supported as well as other unsupported games in your list.

OP
DarthDazDC

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
thanks clements :D so how come the author of p64k still uses the 1.4 core? wasnt the 0.13 version released a short while ago?

OP
DarthDazDC

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
ah ok, i thought the authors had left the project, so how come they didnt release it?

xamenus

DarthDazDC said:
ah ok, i thought the authors had left the project, so how come they didnt release it?
Who knows? Many authors don't want to release their code because they worked so hard on it. Source code is like a baby to them. :p They just don't want others to use it, it belongs to them and it's their work. :) Although they released the 1.4 code, they just didn't want to release the code of the final version. We have to respect their decision. ;)

Last edited:
OP
DarthDazDC

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
IceFox said:
Who knows? Many authors don't want to release their code because they worked so hard on it. Source code is like a baby to them. :p They just don't want others to use it, it belongs to them and it's their work. :) Although they released the 1.4 code, they just didn't want to release the code of the final version. We have to respect their decision. ;)

Ah ok fair enough.

Mysic Gohan said:
Nice list of games by the way Darth.

Thanks :happy: Took me a day to get these, but they're worth it!