What's new

1964 1.0 vs 0.9.9

Kethinov

Hi all. I check here semi regularly, just found 0.9.9 and I must say I am impressed. I just got done with a little bit of a 4 player get together with a few friends, adaptoids, and smash brothers with it. :)

I remember reading that 0.9.9 was going to be a beta testers-only release and the public release would be 1.0. What happened? Is there more to do before the 1.0 release? Kinda curious on how schib and rice are handling the version numbers.

Thanks. :)

dukenukem

lord freiza
originally they were going to betatest 19640.99 for 1 monththen release that to the public before releasing 1.0

revl8er

That Damn Good
They probably got tired of everyone asking for a release so they released 0.99 to quiet people down some.

jdsony

They probably realized that there was so much to be done. For them to get the emulator to the point where they are mostly satisfied with it's completion will take even more of their time away and they felt they needed to add an intermediate release to test on us lab rats =p

With all the feedback and such I'm sure it will help them towards 1.0 although they probably have a good idea of what needs to be done.

Although it is sad to see any emulator's production come to an end I am happy with what the authors have dished out and there will still be plugin authors out there who will continue their work on perfecting the games.

revl8er

That Damn Good
really there isn't much for them to do with the core so it's really just up to plugin authors to get the games to work correctly.

scotty

The Great One
Mystic Gohan said:
They probably got tired of everyone asking for a release so they released 0.99 to quiet people down some.

I know I was a rash when it came to asking, now that I am in university for the 2nd semester, I havent really had time to play anything. I think this emulator is the best now, without a doubt in my mind. the new version is to tie up some loose ends that might not have shown up in beta testing, or to fix some more bugs that are known.

Keep up the good work Rice and Schibo, look forward to 1964 V1.0 to come out (and for me to pray that everything I have works perfectly).