What's new

0.8.4 Fixes

Valek

This might be old news, but hell, Im posting it anyway. It might help someone ;)

After about a week of on-and-off tweaking I think I finally got 0.8.4 working [almost] perfectly. The winning setup turned out to be:

- The new 'fixed' 1964.exe
- The new 0.8.5 INI
- Jabo D3D6 1.5
- PJ64 RPS plugin; both video and audio sent to plugins
- Azimer's Audio v0.40 Beta 2; game is synced to audio
- N-Rages DirectInput8 v2 1.81a

I think, like some people have allready said, the default audio plugin was causing some problems. Also the new .exe and .ini might have helped as well. For all the people experiencing black screen/no video/no audio/ect, try this setup. Worked for me. Oh btw, I guess I should mention that you have to tweak every ROM file to get them working properly. PD took ages to get working, but it works with no sound skipping at all and 60+ fps now :)

Btw, I LOVE N-Rages 1.81a plugin! I configured controls for PD to simulate FPS games such as UT, Q3A, ect. (Use mouse to control movement, mouse button 1 to fire, arrow keys to move/strafe, ect) If anyone wants the config file, just ask.

OP
V

Valek

Here it is. It works with Perfect Dark *if* you change the in-game control setup to the 2nd preset. (by pressing start in the game, going to options, and changing the control settings)

You will need N-Rages 1.81 plugin to use it though. (im pretty sure it works with 1.8x though, and maybe a few below it)

M

mark_ole

hey balek,
well that post on perfect dark was useful, steadied the running of the game. but im not understanding how u get a steady 60fps, i get like 49. and as for running mission impossible smoothly..god help me

OP
V

Valek

I dont really know. I run PD at 1600x1200x32 fullscreen and I get 60 FPS constant...strange eh?

schibo

Emulator Developer
If you have the European version of PD, it is set to sync at 50Hz, not 60. If you have the USA version, something else is wrong. You can set the European version to run at 60Hz from ROM Properties, but gameplay may be a little weird.

M

mark_ole

schibo thanks for your help. yes i have the euro version of PD. i download my roms over a file sharing network, but they all almost seem to be euro roms which run slower.
if u know where i can get u.s roms, send me a discreet e mail or something.
the strange thing is that i can run perfect dark way better than mission impossible, which is slow when a few things are on screen at once. i wa thinking, maybe there should be something like an ini but that goes into more detail about exactly how u should have all the rom settings for games to get the most out of them. can u explain why mission impossible actually runs worse than pd coz im confused.

Stezo2k

S-2K
mark_ole said:
hey balek,
well that post on perfect dark was useful, steadied the running of the game. but im not understanding how u get a steady 60fps, i get like 49. and as for running mission impossible smoothly..god help me

hmm what specs have u got? and do ya think i could get perfect dark to work at a decent rate with my sys? Cuz i love that game and it would look nice on my pc, like goldeneye does @ high resolution and Astospic filtering and FSAA :)

Stez

OP
V

Valek

Na, its not a beta. I found it on some plugin site. Ill post it since Im so bored right now...here ya go.

OP
V

Valek

Holy...! RIGHT as I submitted my message, MSN messenger notified me that you responded. Damn you! You beat my post by 2 seconds!
???

crhylove

Banned
hey! that zip gave me .30 (old driver)!!

and that rar failed crc!

i HAD .40, but where did i put it?!?

i'd like a copy of it in earnest....

thnx!

rhy

PS oh, and yeah, i can't WAIT for the .5 release, but it's not out YET, so.....

karth95

Lord of the Cats
um, the rar works fine. I believe you are using winACE, which fails on RAR v3.0. you can either update to winace 2.2 or get winrar.