What's new

Donkey Kong 64 on Pj64 works

ComanderBlair

hi,

you need to set the CPU core Style under RSP configuration to "Interpreter".

Then just start DK64. U'll get an error message. Ignore that (click ok).

When the Nintendo Logo appears, switch back the CPU core Style to "Recompiler". (otherwise the emulator crashes few time later)

Change the Frame buffer Emulation to "emulate clear" to avoid Camera jumping, under "Advanced" in the Video plugin configuration menu. (this can be set before u start DK64, ur choice *g*)

when the game started, go to options, and choose "Skip Intro sequence" to "ON" (or YES, don't remember hehe).

Otherwise it could hang in the intro. (not sure, as the "Emulate clear" options is set......didn't tried it)

Now enjoy DK64 :)

P.S. I just tested it to get it running, didn't play very far. so it could hang somewhere later i dunno *g*. just try :)

But with that options it runs at least :) ....quite good....:)

signed,

ComanderBlair

Acorn

Nope, Interpreter or Recompiler it still crashes with a (windows) error message. What version of PJ64, and what version of the rom are you using?

Razman

Donkey Kong 64 stops working when I go to Cranky's Lab (I get a black screen with Vi's spinning at 200-300).
Can anyone please help?

OP
C

ComanderBlair

Acorn said:
Nope, Interpreter or Recompiler it still crashes with a (windows) error message. What version of PJ64, and what version of the rom are you using?

I', using Pj1.4 with all Jabo 1.4 plugins.

I got the (U) and (E) Version of the romm, and GoodN64 says they are good.

I tried several times yesterday, and played a few hours. it works.

If you don't change the CPU Cory Style to Interpreter, and switch back after the Nintendo Logo, you get the "unsupported" error message SW TLB:0.

The settings i explained works with the (U) version only. i just tried the (e) version and it loops... :(

chech out :)

signed

ComanderBlair

OP
C

ComanderBlair

Razman said:
Donkey Kong 64 stops working when I go to Cranky's Lab (I get a black screen with Vi's spinning at 200-300).
Can anyone please help?

Maybe you have a bad rom....dunno :(

Did you checked it with GoodN64?

signed,

ComanderBlair