What's new

[NEW] Required information

Martin

Administrator
I just changed the style of the default EmuTalk design, and decided to add a new feature that has been needed for a long time: Each user's computer specs. When registering, users are required to enter the following information:

OS, CPU, Video Card, Sound Card, Memory (type and amount). Optionally, they may also provide additional information about their system. Look at mine for an example. For those of you who are already members, I ask you to update your profile.

The main reason I decided to do this is that many of the questions asked at EmuTalk requires system information. I hope you enjoy the change.

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
Oh and moderators, I removed the Awards Hack since it was causing more queries than it was worth, plus it was hardly used.

Allnatural

Ack. Sorry, but I don't care for it. Things are already cluttered with big signatures and sig images.

I suppose it does simplify things though, but I'll continue to point to my www for my specs.

[edit] Speaking of www, where's the button?

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
www = avatar :)

I suppose I could hide the information for those who haven't added their system specs, but that would kind of ruin the purpose...

Allnatural

Martin said:

I suppose I could hide the information for those who haven't added their system specs, but that would kind of ruin the purpose...
Rather than put everything under the sig, would it be possible to put a link that leads to a profile page with spec info? I don't know how much more work that would involve though. Just a thought. ;)

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
No work at all actually, the info is also available in each person's profile.

icepir8

Martin said:

Just put in the default configuration as "Duh, I don't know!" for ppl who don't fill in the stats. :D (!)