What's new

It worked well a month ago, but now...

Anchel

The Xpaniard
Hi all:
I'm having a weird problem with PJ64 on Windows XP.
Before this problem, I could play all the playable games almost perfectly, with good framerate. I was using Windows 98.
Now, I've recently installed Windows XP, and I tried to play again with PJ64, with the same plugins and same configuration, but the framerate was going sloooooooow. I've tried many things with the configuration, but I haven't managed to make it work better.
WTF is going on?
My specs are:
-Pentium 4 1700 Mhz
-512 Mb RAM
-ATI Radeon 7500
I think that's enough, saying that it worked perfectly before Windows XP.
Thanks beforehand

OP
Anchel

Anchel

The Xpaniard
I forgot to mention I had already done that :p
But once I've installed it, I get a problem with my monitor (unsoported mode) and I can't do anything else than restarting my computer in SAFE MODE

OP
Anchel

Anchel

The Xpaniard
Latest ATI Radeon plugin
It works now, but PJ64 still doesn't work well

OP
Anchel

Anchel

The Xpaniard
Oh wait, I answered wrong Supergamer's question.
I'm using Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5, Jabo's Direct sound 1.5.
About different Radeon plugins for XP, I've downloaded the ones for Windows XP, so it can't be that

f0sta

i have a simliar prob wit my pj64, it ws fine untill i got a new graphics card now the somes run at 35 to 40 fps, i now got a geforce 4 mx 440 128meg, before i was using a tnt2 pro 32meg, and was usin the latest drivers for both the tnt and the geforce 4

dunno y its happin? anyone any ideas?

specs are:

athlon xp 2100+ (1.73 gig)
512 sdram
geforce 4 mx 440 128meg

cheers

f0sta

Last edited:

supergamer

Banned
f0sta said:
i have a simliar prob wit my pj64, it ws fine untill i got a new graphics card now the somes run at 35 to 40 fps, i now got a geforce 4 mx 440 128meg, before i was using a tnt2 pro 32meg, and was usin the latest drivers for both the tnt and the geforce 4

dunno y its happin? anyone any ideas?

specs are:

athlon xp 2100+ (1.73 gig)
512 sdram
geforce 4 mx 440 128meg

cheers

f0sta

Yes. Magic! I had an Ati Rage Pro (8mb) and it was running emulation faster than my geforce2 (32mb)!

f0sta

so from that reply ure sayin u dont no i take it?

i was just playin around wit hte settins in my bios, and thought id see wat would happen if i changed the display from agp to pci, doin that made the emulation alot faster, but the display wasnt as nice as it is on vga. but the thing is that i thought agp is faster than pci??????

im lost? f0sta

Last edited:

BTM

Polish Emu Scene Member
VGA ? AGP is faster than PCI, but VGA ? I'm lost, isn't VGA a Video Graphic Adapter - not a mb slot ??

BTM

Polish Emu Scene Member
Windows XP has a priority function, try increasing the emu priority ( damn - is this word correct ? 4give me if im wrong ;] i'm not a native english speaker guy ) to high ( or highiest - but this could lock up your machine).

Start the emu
Pres CTRL+ALT+DEL
Goto Proces list ( or sth. dont have eng windows ;] )
R-Click the proces with emu name and change it.

OP
Anchel

Anchel

The Xpaniard
Anyway, I still don't get it to work well (I've tried other plugins and emulators, but they don't work fast...)