What's new

Zelda64: Executing from Non-Mapped Space Error.

Elorien

Okie, before you flame me, Ive checked the faq that was posted, as well as reading back something like 16 pages in old posts.

I keep getting the error: "Executing from Non-Mapped Space" in Zelda:OOT. Ive tried 2 different dumps of the rom, and both pull that at exactly the same point.

The point is when you first gain control of Link (after Navi wakes you up). You try to leave links house, and as soon as it tries to load up the area outside, BOOM, error.

Strangely this doesnt happen during the scene when Navi goes to Links house. o_O;

Any fixes? Would be appreciated.. MM works fine tho o_O;

Elorien

gokuss4

Meh...
i had the same exact problem but than it went away hmm so im not really sure but you can try to quit other applications or just save a state before you go outside and if it crashes just keep trying and trying thats what i believe i did. and it worked. but now it doesn't crash at all no matter what o_0 oh well i need a new video card though -_-;;

Yoda

Try running Interpreter mode for that segment to get outside (options--settings). Once you're outside, switch back to Recompiler and save your game. That should work.

OP
E

Elorien

Tried that.. same error ;; This is the only game that Im having a -real- problem with so far *sigh*

Specs, if it matters.
1.4Ghz Athalon
640Mb PC133 SDRam
WinXP Professional
GeForce2 MX 400 AGP 64Mb

Any help at all would be nice ;; thankie

Elorien

Allnatural

*ahem*

--cut & paste from the PJ64 help file--

Errors indicating bad ROMs
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following error messages nearly always indicate a bad ROM:

"Executing from non mapped space"
""in a permanent loop that cannot be exited"
"failed to load word 0 / 2"

In rare cases, these errors indicate incorrect ROM Settings, so check you havent changed any settings... but the most probable cause by far is a bad ROM - verify your ROMS!

IceLord

from what i can remember the only good version of zelda Oot know to do that was version 1.1. Either you have that rom or you have a bod rom (lika allnatural said).