What's new

Zelda TP question...

noah82

Hi there,
just yesterday I was happily playing TP, particularly me & my Link buddy were exploring goron mines and, after a bit of jumping & sweating, swinging sword & kicking @$$es, we managed to arrive exactly in front of the boss door... :bouncy:

What's wrong till now? nothing, you may say...

Well...

Passed the big goron guy and get the boss key, we approached the big door and my pal just put the key in & unlocked...

The lock rolled, clicked, fell to the ground... me and my young, green-clothed friend were trembling with suspense.... when.................

The chains that were holding the door didn't make a move...............................

:blink: <= my face
:smurf: <= Link face

We waited a couple minutes.........................

:plain: <= me
:unsure: <= Link

Then we watched eachother... and remembered the WW issue about the sound that never ends (or something of that sort...)

:ranting: <= me
:cry: <= Link

We decided to go back to Kakariko village and have a cold beer, hoping that someone knows some kind of solution (if exists...)

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
It could be similar to the WW telescope bug...Just out off curiousity, how many fps do you get, and what are your specs? Because either you´ve got one hell of a patience, or a kickass computer...And btw, are you even playing it on the emulator? Obviously you are, but..

OP
N

noah82

Yeah right, sorry :p

Yes, I'm playing on the mighty Dolphin64 1.03 beta 3 and my pc specs are:

AMD athlon 64 x2 dual core processor 5600+ 2.8Ghz with latest drivers
2gb ram
Asus x1650 512mb vram (or was it 1024...:unsure: )
WinXP x64

I get an average speed of 10 fps in most areas, even if in some smaller areas it manages to go up to 20 - 26 fps, but i find it almost playable everywhere :)

If I need to add more specs, please tell me ;)

heftig

Got exactly the same problem here. I mentioned it when I posted the screenshots in the screenshots thread (screenshots here and there). That was in October 2007.

Last edited:

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
Yeah right, sorry :p

Yes, I'm playing on the mighty Dolphin64 1.03 beta 3 and my pc specs are:

AMD athlon 64 x2 dual core processor 5600+ 2.8Ghz with latest drivers
2gb ram
Asus x1650 512mb vram (or was it 1024...:unsure: )
WinXP x64

I get an average speed of 10 fps in most areas, even if in some smaller areas it manages to go up to 20 - 26 fps, but i find it almost playable everywhere :)

If I need to add more specs, please tell me ;)
Yeah, the emu kicks ass, doesn´t it. We got a similar processor, i got 5200 overclocked to 3.1 Ghz.

The problem you have is probably a work in progress. You COULD ask if someone can upload a save right after the door is unlocked, that´s the best suggestion i have.

OP
N

noah82

You COULD ask if someone can upload a save right after the door is unlocked, that´s the best suggestion i have.

UP! :matrix:

If anybody out there has a TP savegame just past the door (or a WW savegame just past the telescope :p), it would be REALLY appreciated... :)

PS: I've got the savegame converter from Cooliscool, so even a GC savegame will do; I'll convert in dolphin save myself ;)

Thanx 4 your help ^^

Edit: if you have such savegames with the char name "Link", or if you could put that name, it would be EVEN MORE appreciated... but no one dies if you haven't :D

Last edited:
OP
N

noah82

Please, someone upload the savegames... :cry:
This could be also useful to find out if there are any other issues past these points, for further corrections before next version comes out... ;)
Let's help the community :p