What's new

Zelda TP Problems

There is never going to be sound on any version that is out now. Who ever gave you the idea that this emulator works is sadly mistaken. There are many problems that you can't do anything about. Buy a gamecube and end it.

\\WisHmAsteR//

Buy a gamecube and end it.

No offense, but isn't this what emulation is all about? Being able to play the games without having the consoles (anymore)? Besides, where are you gonna get a Gamecube nowadays? That era is over.

Emulation is all about playing the games if they work enough to play them, but they do not. So we can just go around in circles till the end of time trying to get this or that game to work, but it will never happen just yet, no matter how long you talk about it it's not going to magically start working. So buy a GC, you can find them anywhere if you just look.

Sereyanne

so there won't be any new sound plugin?
zelda without sound.....
i have a gamecube, but i don't have 50 EUR to buy the game. i just thought i could shorten the time to wait.

j3bus

jebus
i think that emulation has others goals meanings for the developers,of curse i think one of then is playing a gc game on your pc but i think there is more behind it. well and one more thing as ector and fires said the emulator speed is now cpu dependant so you will need a powerful cpu to run games faster,but if you had note this, every cpu has cache memory and the good performance between a Pentium D of 3Ghz and one Pentium Core Duo 1,6Ghz its not only the clock speed or the dual core,the really thing going on is related with the L2 cache,if the cpu has more L2 cache it will able to access more quickly to data, instrucctions etc. so you have to take a "more in depth" investigation of your pc to really know how powerful it is.

ConTron

I have my own problems with Twilight Princess...So I have Dolphin Gamecube emulator v. 1.03 and I am having all sorts of problems with it.

First of all, when I try to boot Twilight Princess then Dolphin stops working. I checked, and Twilight Princess is definitely a GCM file.

Secondly, I have problems with getting my keyboard to work with it. It says I have nothing plugged in if I choose tyhe default "Dolphin PAD Plugin" and if I try to configure it, then I get the message "ChangeNumPlayers". If I use the nJoy v.o2 by Falcon4ever then when I configure it then all the keys are blank and I can't bind any keyboard buttons or anything onto it...

I'm probably just noobing it up right now, but could somebody help? Hypothesize? Anything? I could sure use it. I'm one of those joystick haters too, mainly because I have no cash. Any thoughts?

This might be a bad idea to ask, but hey; at least I'm learning something. :p

Xtreme2damax

Download the latest SVN build located in my signature. Make sure to update you're DirectX to the latest runtimes (August 2008)

You might need to disable dual core mode to run Twilight Princess, like most of us had to do.

However don't expect decent speeds unless you have a decent dual/quad core processor such as a Core2Duo or Core2Quad. Also you must have a graphics card capable of Pixel Shading 2.0 or better, Geforce 6xxx series and above recommended.

ConTron

Thanks a lot, Xtreme, but then I got other problems. I tried to download a fixed version of Dolphin before and I got the same problem with thatthat I've now gotten with your revised version in that it doesn't seem to show or play the game, even when I put in paths. It just says it's not finding any game ISO's (which makes sense because I have the GCM file). I'm sure it would play and be incredible on the revised/fixed copies, but the damn things just don't read.

I'm hoping no one's just gonna tell me I'm fucked because I got a pretty decent computer here, and if this technology is too advanced for my computer, then Christ, what is it for? HAL from 2001? GLaDOS? SKYNET? Like, what the hell future computer is this supposed to play on? :p

Just installing up the Direct X. I hope it works. Once again, thanks, Xtreme. You are Awesome....Awesome...to the Max!

Last edited:

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
[SS said:
no matter how long you talk about it it's not going to magically start working.

When did the Dolphin team disappear exactly?

Who is talking about magic? I don't believe the Dolphin developers have been using magic to make the emulator so far.......

If you don't believe that two of the most talented developers in the emulation scene can achieve full sound support in this emulator you are sadly mistaken. Quite a few games are already fully playable, such as Super Smash Bros. So I don't know where your getting this "no game will ever work right" idea from....

Give it a few more months of development and it will start to show signs of improving, heck it already is.

Rome wasn't built in a day......

Last edited:

ConTron

Actually, you guys, I think I'll make my own seperate forum topic for this stuff, or search elsewhere. TP stops working when I dual core it, and is blocky, soundless, and skips constantly when I actually get it to work (I can't figure out how I do it). So far the controller issue continues to kick my ass too, and I'm sure somewhere, there will be an answer to ALL these problems...

Oh, but most of my problems I referred to above are fixed. Thanks for your help, guys.