What's new

Zelda problems

Jet

I'm having slight graphic problems with Zelda OOT and MM.

In OOT I sometimes get messed up backgrounds (ie when I enter a shop or the first screen when you enter hyrule).

This is a screencap of it, because I don't know how to explain it.

and in MM the top part of the screen is black during a cut scen
Heres another screencap as a example.

I'm using Jabo's D3d7 1.40 as the video plugin.

I'm guessing they are bad roms, but I just want to make sure.

I would use PJ64 to see if I'd have the same problem, put it doesn't work well with my comptuer.

system specs
1.5ghz
P4
Windows XP
Nvida TNT2
256 ram

Edited by Slougi: fixed 2nd link

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
The OOT problem lies within 1964, and it is not your fault.
Pj bypasses this by using its RSP emulation. 1964 0.8.3 had the option to use this, but since it's removed...i guess you'll have to wait for the next release.

Not sure about MM, though...

Slougi

Propably the Zelda MM rom is the (E) version, the link to the pic is bad so i dunno. copy project64.rdb from the project64 folder over into the 1964 main directory, it should fix it, if it is what i think it is.

OP
J

Jet

Slougi said:
Propably the Zelda MM rom is the (E) version, the link to the pic is bad so i dunno. copy project64.rdb from the project64 folder over into the 1964 main directory, it should fix it, if it is what i think it is.

thanks it worked. the small thin line is still there, but other than that its fixed.

Boooooommm

The Wanderer
Believe it or not, I get better speeds on 1964 than on Project 64 when playing MM, but this precise problem made me go for PJ with all the bugs and everything over 1964, but now it's fixed! Thanks Slougi!

Boooooommm

The Wanderer
Oh, I forgot my specs:

Pentium 4 1.6A
192 MB of crappy mixed PC100 and PC133 ram
Windows XP Professional
C-Media AC97 codec (works like a dream with my Altec's ACS54)
NVIDIA Geforce 2 MX 400 64MB ram (the card everybody has).

1964 runs MM perfect at 1280x1024x32 with Jabo's Direct 3D plug ins (6 and 7 work the same over here) while Project 64 runs very choppy with the same settings. Also, I've never got that black screen problem with 1964. Only happens to me in Project 64.

Boooooommm

The Wanderer
I noticed. Goldeneye runs like p00p on Project64 on this machine, but it runs much better with 1964 (almost playable, but not there yet).

DeadRabbit

Emutalk Janitor
Boooooommm said:
I noticed. Goldeneye runs like p00p on Project64 on this machine, but it runs much better with 1964 (almost playable, but not there yet).

Suprahle seems to be the emulator to play Goldeneye on (well for me anyway ;)

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
SupraHLE does play Goldeneye 007 well, but sometimes (frequently enough to affect gameplay) I get errors like 'Too many errors in DList' and the whole games stops until I reset. 1964 does it better, with a CF of 1 it runs mostly smooth but sometimes crawls, with a CF of 2 everything goes insanely fast, and with a CF of 3 the speed is correct but the gameplay is too jerky! My only other N64 ROM (Banjo-Kazooie) runs fine with Jabo's D3D6 or 7 except for large opaque squares all over the place and any other video plugin give horrible glitches!!!

*Sighs* I guess I'll have to wait for N64 emulation to mature some more before I can sneak around in Goldeneye 007 or finally complete Banjo-Kazooie. Now, I think I'll finally start playing Ico...