What's new

Zelda Pixel shader with Geforce 4 Ti series?

shurikenman

Damn...I wanna be Sonic ^^
Hi Emu dudes ! first of all...Great work! i loved hanging out with 5 fps on Zelda WW, its a lot of fun even with this low fps..and a saving funktion would be very good for now !

Ok here is my question :

I'm worried about my Geforce4 Ti 4800. I dont think that GC uses any DX 9 Effekts like Pixel shader 2.0 so...In Zelda, some one of u cool Emu authors said its an Pixel shader prob...and the ATI series has more support for this than geforce.

AND : are u able to fix this so called "Problem" in the next Teaser or the first full version of dolphin, so that dudes like me are able 2 play Zelda with all Geforce4 Ti series (4800 <--my card) ? If u could make it i would be very happy ^^. Since i saw those screens from the ATI cards i got jealous...

Ok. Thats all cya and Keep up the damn good work dudes. Youll hear from me ;).

M

mainframe19

just buy age force fx 5900
it's real cheap on ebay!

that's what i am planing on doing! once this emu picks up in speed and gets more games playabe.

but for now i think i will stick with the real gc!

bLAdEbLA

Insert clever rhetoric here.
I'd say pick up a radeon. Support ATi, I changed from Nvidia to them and haven't looked back. And I'm sure Dolphin will have equal compatibility with both brands within a few releases.

ZDragon

At least for the time being, ATi cards are much better for Dolphin than any other card. Pick a 9500+, and you should at least have the fewest graphic errors with the Gamecube games.

_Oz_

I also have one (not the computer below) and i think you guys could try it! There are still many people with a gf4ti, and this could also help the radeon 8500,9000,9100 and 9200.

I've seen an ATI Radeon 9800 XT get poor frame rates on Halo for the PC running on a P4 3.0 ghz with 1 gb of PC3200 Corsair DDR running in dual channel, as far as I am concerned ATI and Nvidia are no different except that Nvidia's OpenGL support is far better

ZDragon

daemon, you know what? This is IMPOSSIBLE. Simply as that. It even ran on my Radeon 7500 (!) on Medium Details before I bought my new graphics card.

And the image quality of ATi is much better than nVidias. I can't play on computers with an nVidia card anymore.

sheik124

Emutalk Member
Trotterwatch said:
No it doesn't, ATI didn't design the chip, ArtX did. ATI bought into it later.
yup, if ATI designed it i;d have all their cards sitting next to me right now

DarkKnight38

The original
thedaemon666 said:
I've seen an ATI Radeon 9800 XT get poor frame rates on Halo for the PC running on a P4 3.0 ghz with 1 gb of PC3200 Corsair DDR running in dual channel, as far as I am concerned ATI and Nvidia are no different except that Nvidia's OpenGL support is far better
define poor framerates, because you really shouldn't see any visual drops in the framerate at all with that setup. Even my geforce 4 ti 4600 with crappy sdram and an equally crappy williamette p4 1.5ghz runs halo on medium detail at almost 30fps.

ZDragon

And besides, Halo was ported *badly*. UT 2k3 (which looks definitly better) gives me higher framerates...

[vEX]

niechift.com
shurikenman said:
Hi Emu dudes ! first of all...Great work! i loved hanging out with 5 fps on Zelda WW, its a lot of fun even with this low fps..and a saving funktion would be very good for now !

Ok here is my question :

I'm worried about my Geforce4 Ti 4800. I dont think that GC uses any DX 9 Effekts like Pixel shader 2.0 so...In Zelda, some one of u cool Emu authors said its an Pixel shader prob...and the ATI series has more support for this than geforce.

AND : are u able to fix this so called "Problem" in the next Teaser or the first full version of dolphin, so that dudes like me are able 2 play Zelda with all Geforce4 Ti series (4800 <--my card) ? If u could make it i would be very happy ^^. Since i saw those screens from the ATI cards i got jealous...

Ok. Thats all cya and Keep up the damn good work dudes. Youll hear from me ;).

The GC itself doesn't use DX effects at all, but when emulating the GC the Dolphin team takes advantage of the similarities of the GC effects and the shader effects on the PC. Some stuff only requires 1.1 shaders, while others require 2.0 shaders. For 2.0 shaders you need a DirectX 9 card (like Radeon 9500+ or nVIDIA FX cards), the fact that you can install DirectX 9 doesn't mean you have a Directx 9 card.

Reznor007

sheik124 said:
yup, if ATI designed it i;d have all their cards sitting next to me right now

The ArtX team went on to help design the R300 chip though(which is Radeon 9500+).

Reznor007

thedaemon666 said:

I guess you haven't seen Halflife2 benchmarks where the Radeon9500+ is about twice as fast as any GeforceFX card?

Maybe you didn't hear all the stuff about nVidia cheating in 3dmark?

The only nVidia product that I will partake in is nForce2.

OP
S

shurikenman

Damn...I wanna be Sonic ^^
[vEX] said:
The GC itself doesn't use DX effects at all, but when emulating the GC the Dolphin team takes advantage of the similarities of the GC effects and the shader effects on the PC. Some stuff only requires 1.1 shaders, while others require 2.0 shaders. For 2.0 shaders you need a DirectX 9 card (like Radeon 9500+ or nVIDIA FX cards), the fact that you can install DirectX 9 doesn't mean you have a Directx 9 card.

Dude i know those things like ...pixel shader 2.0 of course i know that this is an dx9 effect and wont be supported by a DX8 card ....And witch fool said if u download Dx9 u have a Dx9 card ???