What's new

Zelda OoT Texture problem

Ed503

Hi!

I use Project 64 1.6 to play both Zelda OoT and Majora's Mask.
Everything, both sound and graphins are running fine...
However, when i get close to the Castle in Hyrule Flield, the castle texture just starts disapearing.... :( .... the closer i get to the castle, the more it disapears...........leaving only the hyrule field background texture when i am standing right next to it......
The same thing happens at the road that goes up to the Goron village.......
otherwise, the all the other textures are fine.......

could it be a plugin problem??

thanks for any help anyone can provide me....

OP
Ed503

Ed503

thanks for the quick answer,
i tried but it still had the same problem....
Im trying rice's 6.1.1 beta new plugin which fixed the 'texture loss' problem...
however it made another problem apear:when epona runs, instead of seeing dust, i can only see big squares...(which are dust who lost their textures i'm guessing), some of the items in the menus have been replaced by big color block too..... :(....

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
what kind of video chip do you have?

you can find out in either DxDiag, or the graphic plugin settings will tell you

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
...ahhk.

reselect the dx8 plugin and try selecting the force alpha blending tickbox (you have to show hidden options in the graphics configuration section.

OP
Ed503

Ed503

I just tried it, and it made things even worse! even more textures dissapeared.....
That means we're on the right track though.....

I saw on the P64 site that " Project64 video plugin advanced option: Options > Configure graphics plugin... Advanced tab. Check or uncheck [Force Alpha Blending] box. Forces rendered primitives to be alpha tested for transparency, then blended with the frame buffer. Generally, this causes more problems than it fixes, even within one game, which is why it is off by default, but it can sometimes help, particularly with sprite edges. See browser notes for occasional advice as to when this should be turned on."

By the way, when you say dx8 plugin, you do mean Jabo's Direct 3D8 1.6, right?

I dont really know what to do now... maybe i should try another graphic, what do you think?

Poobah

You'll just have to keep trying different graphics plug-ins until you can find one that works half-decently.

OP
Ed503

Ed503

yea, that's what i'm guessing, is there a rar kinda pack with all the plugins for P64

here is what my problem looks like by the way:
eponahj9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4513/eponahj9.jpg