What's new

? (ZELDA OoT) BETTER GRAPHICS ON PJ64 1.5b ?

kael

First of all hi to everyone is an excellent job what you have done in here
second my english sucks
and third why am I getting better graphics on ZELDA OoT in the PJ64 1.5b than in the new one.
I'm using a GeFORCE 4 TI 4600 (29.42 drivers) on a ATHLON XP 2100+
I have try all the possible settings with no results
could somebody help me and explain me why ?
by the way I'm playing the spanish version and i guess is the hacked 1.0 version
which is the difference between the versions
...my knowlegle on emulation is not good
look at the edges on the grass that is not happening in the pj64 1.5b there is a lot of examples like this

Last edited:

grand master

Emualtion Pimp
Well the only that has changed is the graphics plugin.
So i guess use jabo's 1.4 plugin ( 1.5 is heaps better).
Sorry i can't help you as i haven't played it at all.
I have heard that the graphics have been improved so it looks like you have got a problem with drivers or graphics config??

OP
K

kael

i have seen all of this things (drivers and config)
but let me clarify something.
the graphics are almost the same and i can't complain.
but it's very rare to obtain a better image in pj64 1.5b than in the final.

grand master

Emualtion Pimp
Try using "Anisotropic filtering" in the help file (very useful)
it says something about the grass you mentioned.
This can improve texture filtering quality dramatically, with a possible performance cost. (A good place to see this difference is e.g. on the grass in Zelda, looking in the mid to far distance).
Try this out that is if your card can handle it.............
muhahaha! ;)
:pj64: :inlove:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
My trident integrated could do 2x anistropy just fine, it's even in the directx caps support :) (i dont use that crappy integrated now, though, got me a Geforce :))

Jumjalum

I get better graphics in the final version, each of the Ocarina songs has its own colour now that wasnt there before.

Sheik

=(o_0)=
The graphics should be better, but there are some bugs like nayru's love and the treasure chest light effect... i think detonator driver 23.32 should fix it for those who has a nvidia chip... :)

Anchel

The Xpaniard
kael said:
First of all hi to everyone is an excellent job what you have done in here
second my english sucks
and third why am I getting better graphics on ZELDA OoT in the PJ64 1.5b than in the new one.
I'm using a GeFORCE 4 TI 4600 (29.42 drivers) on a ATHLON XP 2100+
I have try all the possible settings with no results
could somebody help me and explain me why ?
by the way I'm playing the spanish version and i guess is the hacked 1.0 version
which is the difference between the versions
...my knowlegle on emulation is not good
look at the edges on the grass that is not happening in the pj64 1.5b there is a lot of examples like this

La versión española no tiene nada distinto a la inglesa. Sólamente es un archivo traducido, que no tiene nada de especial, aparte de algunos fallos en el texto (cuando cambia de color). Si no entiendes algo de lo que dicen, pregúntame, que yo soy español y se más que el inglés suficiente para traducirte.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The spanish version doesn't have anything different of the english one. It's just a translated file, with nothing special, save some text fails (when it changes de colour). If you don't understand something of what they say, tell me, I know more than enough english to translate you.

Anchel

The Xpaniard
He probado las dos versiones (la américana y la "española" y parece ser la opción "FORCE NORMAL BLENDING". Parece que hace funcionar todo casi perfectamente. Arregla el problema de tierra y las transparencias de polígonos.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've tried again both versions (the american and the "spanish" one) and it seems to be the "FORCE NORMAL BLENDING" option. That seems to make it work nearly perfectly. It fixes the grass and polygon transparencies.