What's new

Zelda On GameCube

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
Yes that's true but I don't mean those Looney Toones things I'm still talking about the GFX these are much more in the style of JSRF

Remote

Good point, it shows that Shiguero Miatamoto never intended the Legend of Zelda series to be photo realistic, even if tecnology does not allow it yet. To my knowledge, he developed the first titles in the series and supervised production of the others, except for Majora´s Mask, so everytime a new title is released he is realizing the thing he could not accomplish with the first.

The new look will surely suprise us, it will change how we look at and define the concept of fun. The footage shows a young deformed Link, for personal preference I would not mind a more mature Link, but either way I know that I will not be disappointed. Why? Because they are not about looks they are about feel.

Tecnology is bad for gaming, whenever a new tecnical feature comes a long, developers spend all their time trying to implent it and forget about the ones who actually have to play it, as long as it looks good it is going to sell...

blizz

it's not the clouds that annoyed me that's part of the style it's the treading air and Links wink at the end that annoyed me.

OP
B

Bofpak

To clear things up with Redah, I didn't become a Zelda fan after OoT i became a fan since the original. And I prefer playing Link To The Past on the SNES to OoT. I still own the original console and game but anyway. Your point is valid about the game never intended to be realistic but the original game's were designed that way because of graphic technology in the NES and SNES. I will still be purchasing the new Zelda game on the GC but i still would have prefered to have seen another realistic installment to the best series and game ever made. :D

Would Nintendo release a demo like the Zelda DC one (not the one from SpaceWorld) and release a game completely different? Doubt it. But just a thought.

Redah

Go Sweden! Not!
Administrator
Bofpak said:
... Your point is valid about the game never intended to be realistic but the original game's were designed that way because of graphic technology in the NES and SNES...

Not quite true. Yes, the NES might not have the graphical capabilities to render a realistic Link, but the SNES could have done it. They could have designed the game resembling other games like Lufia, for example.

But just look at the entire series. Look at the NES, SNES and GB games. Look at the Zelda T.V. shows. Look at the comic books. These last two could have been made very realisticly. But they didn't do that.

On purpose.

Redah

Go Sweden! Not!
Administrator
Bofpak said:
And yeh i agree with Blizz that treading air part really annoyed me too.

I suggest you turn on your SNES or GB(C). Then, push a Moblin into a hole. Here's what will happen:

1. The Moblin will be treading in the air, hovering above the hole, trying to get back on solid ground
2. The Moblin will fall down the hole leaving the 'Looney Toon' cloud.

This all happens in just about 1 second, but:

"THAT IS IN THERE. The SAME thing is also shown in the GameCube footage. But seeing it in 3D is what seems to scare people..."

RatTrap

GODLIKE
hehe.. i think ppl are loony in here :p.. loonier than the game honestly.. if ppl think that Zelda never has been a kids game.. their wrong.. i say Zelda all the way has been a game that is supposed to be liked by everyone.. but i'm sure it's more aimd at kids than anyone..

the first animation.. it lookd cool.. but honestly nothing could be said bout it.. it's just a rendered animation.. and besides.. the rumors bout that animation are very vage in origin.. some sites in the begining.. said it was the new zelda game.. and also some sites said it was an animation that came from smash bros.. i'm not sure what you guys think.. but the animation fitts really well with smash bros.. don't you think?.. eather way it don't matter.. coz it's just a 3d rendition..

also the toon zelda animation.. i say it was VERY well donne.. to be the first i've seen of such good quality in that animated type on a console.. i was very impressed.. the originality of the whole concept has me caught.. i'm sure i'll buy the game.. but i'm 100% sure my younger cousins will love it more than i will too..

let's face it guys.. the zelda games don't include more emotional or more adult hard to deal with situations for a reason.. they are made the way they are for a reason.. they are aimed at everyone but mostly to the younger crowd.. whatever you guys think.. i'm sure zelda never will be a Final Fantasy type game.. honestly the last 2 games for the N64.. to me.. feel even more childish than the other ones :p.. and i'm sure Nintendo has other plans for the older crowd too.. even though we fanatics will buy the game even though it's more aimd at kids :)..

oh.. and yeah.. i agree with redah 100%.. they are just making it more like it used to be.. and to me.. this feels right :p..

Last edited:

Reznor007

To clarify my position. I will be happy with whatever style is chosen for the game. I play it for the game really, why else would you want to play all the way through the second quest of Zelda1(challenging and fun if you don't use a guide)? To see the same sprites and tiles again? :)

I voted for the realistic style of OOT simply because I liked the look better. The cel shaded graphics are really nice though. It has the look and feel of a Disney animated movie(not necessarily a bad thing), like the visual quality of the movie Atlantis, but in real time.

Tesla-Guy

RatTrap said:
and also some sites said it was an animation that came from smash bros.. i'm not sure what you guys think.. but the animation fitts really well with smash bros.. don't you think?
Nope, shouldn't be... Link and Ganondorf are a bit different than their smash bros version :p

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
Tesla-Guy said:

Nope, shouldn't be... Link and Ganondorf are a bit different than their smash bros version :p
I hope the big N will change the Link to what we he looks like in ssb melee :) because this much more of an adult link then that childish boy in the demo and furthemore Link should age as well like in OoT

(One question though : Why does Link always look the same ? (excluding the time shifting in OoT) I think Nintendo should make Link a bit more mature (No not like Conker :p) but just Link himself or what are they gonna tell everybody that Link found the fountain of youth ???

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Zero said:

(One question though : Why does Link always look the same ? (excluding the time shifting in OoT) I think Nintendo should make Link a bit more mature (No not like Conker :p) but just Link himself or what are they gonna tell everybody that Link found the fountain of youth ???

can u name 10 videogame characters that age? (from different games of course, one game may hav all characters aging)

most videogame characters only change in style(as shown in ZeldaGC), never aging.

RatTrap

GODLIKE
geez.. ppl ppl.. i've said it once.. i'll say it again.. it's not a realistic type game.. it's never been.. the only reason link became older in OOT was coz of the story line.. and coz of it being a good idea in the creators eyes.. i'm sure they didn't put more thought behind it.. it's a game.. if he gets older again in an upcoming game.. cool.. i don't think you should expect it though.. soon you'll be bitching bout link never getting hungry.. and link never needing to get his hair cut.. and bout how he never washes his clouthes.. and when is link gonna become old enugh to go to a pub or when they'll put a sex scene into the game.. ok i'm going abit over board but you probably know what i mean don't you?..