What's new

Zelda - Ocarina of Time v 1.2 problem

N64Boi23

I apologize to everyone if this has been disucssed before. I'm knew to this board, mostly because I haven't had any issues with Project64 or any Nintendo 64 ROMs that I couldn't fix using the User Manual and GameFAQs files that came with the program.

My problem is this...As I'm approaching the Master Sword to draw it free for the first time, I get this error message:
ZeldaOoTError.jpg

Here are the ROM settings that I have for OoT:
ROMsettingsP64.jpg

Can someone tell me what I'm overlooking, or tell me which version of OoT is the best?

OP
N

N64Boi23

Yes it does. I ran GoodN64 and GoodWindows right before running the game to make sure everything was working properly. GoodWindows stored OoT in the N64ren folder it created in my Project64 directory. So, I'm not sure what it's doing...

OP
N

N64Boi23

The filename of the ROM is: Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.2) [!]
In the File "N64Have" it says that I have 26 of 2477 N64 ROMs, and it lists this: Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.2) [!] for Zelda Ocarina of Time.

Allnatural

Try two things:

1.) If you loaded a save state, reload from a native save. If you don't have a native save you're out of luck...

2.) Set the self-modifying code to Change Memory and Cache.

OP
N

N64Boi23

Allnatural said:
Try two things:

1.) If you loaded a save state, reload from a native save. If you don't have a native save you're out of luck...

2.) Set the self-modifying code to Change Memory and Cache.

Okay, just tried both of these, and it still didn't work. I got the same error message again when I tried to approach the Master Sword.

Allnatural

Sorry, I can't reproduce the error. I used the same rom settings, Jabo's plugins all around, and tried v1.0 and v1.2 of the rom. No problems. Are you using cheats? Beyond that I'm stumped.

OP
N

N64Boi23

Allnatural said:
Sorry, I can't reproduce the error. I used the same rom settings, Jabo's plugins all around, and tried v1.0 and v1.2 of the rom. No problems. Are you using cheats? Beyond that I'm stumped.

I think I might have 1 cheat active. I'll check and see. It's about the only other thing. I've got WinXP on here, with SP2 installed, and all my other ROMs work just fine.

BTW, I also use N-Rage's plugin for the Pokemon games, if that helps.

EDIT: I just tried it without my cheats active, and it worked....I guess I won't be relying the cheats as much anymore. Thanks for all the help Allnatural ^_^

Last edited: