What's new

Zelda(Ocarina of time) Save spots

Brandon Waters

Hey, I was saving my game but closed the window too soon(before it was done saving) and now it doesn't work with that save spot. I could start all over again but I don't think it's worth it. Does anybody have either a solution to my problem or a save spot after beating the fire temple? e-mail me at [email protected] or post here. thanks

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Do you use native save? Then you can load up the game and continue anyway. If you haven't, I'm sure there are ppl who has a state for you.

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
the problem with getting a save from someone else is that they might either have way more or way less either skultulas or rupies or other items that you may have. imagine having to get a bottle or kill a bunch of skultulas to get your adults wallet again.

OP
B

Brandon Waters

thanks

I'm not using any special kind of saving program or whatever. I just save it using pj64. And to tri-force, I don't really mind about getting some more skulltullas or rupies really, it's better than nothing. thanks for the help.

Mr. Frisbee III

I think what Doom means is did you use the save option within the game, like you would if you were playing on an N64? If you have, then just use that;)

Smiff

Emutalk Member
and if you weren't you should have been.. hehehe... u live & learn. cos even if someone has a suitable state, wouldn't it just have been easier to ;)

OP
B

Brandon Waters

occasionally

I did save it in the game sometimes but if I remember correctly it wouldn't ever work, my game would never shw up. I know it was like that with zelda 2, and I think I remember it being the same with zelda 1.

Mr. Frisbee III

Maybe the reason the native save won't work is the rom settings may have been changed or messed up. load a Zelda game, then end the emulation from the file menu. Go to the settings menu, to the rom settings tab. The default save type should be set to auto detect. If it's not, for either game, then change it to auto. I know Zelda MM uses FlashRAM, but I don't know what type OoT uses. If it still won't work, try the latest RDB which should reset the save types for both games to a working one.

OP
B

Brandon Waters

thanks

I'll try that. I don't know if it's worth doing all that over again. it wouldn't be very fun. so if I can find somebody with a save spot I'll definately figure out how to start saving with the game.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
It's easy. You don't have to start all over again.
Use a cheat to get the emeralds. Then just head for the castle and you'll be transformed into adult Link. Then just beat Forest & Fire temple.

OP
B

Brandon Waters

thanks

I'll try that. but if you're talking about the built in game shark codes, how do I use them really? do I load the rom but not start the emulation, then load the cheats then start the emulation?

Mr. Frisbee III

Just load a state or start a game, and then use the cheats menu in PJ64 while the ROM is running. The list of cheats will be the list for the loaded game. For Zelda OoT there are things like give items, get gold skultulla tokens, give bottles, give the three spiritual stones that you need to get to the temple of time...