What's new

zelda ocarina of time game crash

holylucifer

i was playing with pj 64 1.6,

first off this is the very start of the game where link gets a fairy,

however,i went into the lost woods, walking up to the person standing on the trunk, he dissapeared and i then went to exit out of the lost woods, and i got an error,

see below at pictures to make a bit more sence.

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/777/zelda1qb6.jpg - walk up to person

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/5049/zelda2ym2.jpg - he dissapears

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/5396/zelda3hq6.jpg - exit lost woods then get error

i was useing, transfer memory direct 3d hal,jabos 1.5.2 and tested on 1.6 but still get crash,

any solutions?

thanks if you reply.

my pc is 2.6ghz 512mb ram, fx5600 which has enough power to run this.

Clements

Known core problem. GameFAQ has an entry with this exact issue, and states:

"Lost Woods: if you enter this area as a child, go left until you see character playing pipe, stand on stump, then exit Lost Woods, you may get an UnHandled Opcode error (stops emulation). there is no reason to do this in the game, so suggest you avoid doing it - or you can change self-mod. code method to Change Memory as temporary workaround (need to reset ROM for core settings changes to take effect)."

OP
H

holylucifer

XD thanks i was looking for the shild i forgot where to get it, is there any other point in the game where you get the crash?

metalkobra

Happy Cat
I already played it through so thats a no, its only in that area, cause it happened to me too, but i made a save before i went through there and eventually it worked right.

InuyashaTaishou

You callin' me a dog?!?!?
I thought it was a cheat problem..... ummm....... if you walk up to the skull kid, then he gets scared and disappears. If you teach him Saria's song then he might not leave...... that's an unrelated topic. Sorry.

Tre

Oops. Died again.
I've also had my game crash on me in the Lost woods. It didn't always happen to me (I could enter the area, then leave a couple of times) but when it did it would hang/crash the emulator on a black screen. I am using the default settings for OoT, although I did turn OFF the Advanced Block Linking and am using the following plugins: for video I have used both Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6 and 1.5.2. For audio I am currently running Azimer's HLE Audio v0.56 WIP 2 and have had the glitch with Jabo's DirectSound 1.6 also. As for my input I am using N-Rage's Direct-Input V2 1.83, but have had the crash with ALL of my plugins set to their packaged defaults. I'm running the 1.6 version of PJ64.

I have also experienced this crash while going through the Forest Temple as adult Link in the area where you make the block vanish by playing the Song of Time, and going through the door. It locked up in the same way as the "Lost woods exit glitch". That's the only time I experienced it outside of the Lost woods, and I think it happened to me because I had gone through the Lost woods before entering the temple.

I don't know if the bug/glitch carries over as a possible "time bomb" from the moment it's triggered, but it's worth looking into.

Edit: I also encountered a crash out by going into the shop in Zora's Lair before you meet the princess and get the Silver Scale. I wanted to go in there and get a fish (forgetting I could just catch one) and the screen went black and the emulation froze. All default plugins (I hadn't changed the plugins until I discovered my controllers did not like the rumble support for the default) and it produced the crash. I don't ~know~ if I had gone into the Lost woods before then or not. It's possible, but again makes me wonder if something in the "Lost woods glitch" carries on even if you just enter them and exit normally.

Last edited: