What's new

zelda ocarina of time framerate.

DmxDex

Im finding the framerate to be very slow. 15 to 17 frames. I know the ntsc version runs alittle faster however im using djiipi's cell texture pack which i heard runs best with the pal version.
I have tried using the ntsc version but some text at start is blurry and lower res.
Is it possible to raise the framerate alittle?

Also for anyone else using djiipi's cell texture pack have you noticed not everywhere has been retextured such as the kokari houses and shop.

F

Fanatic 64

No it isn't possible to raise the framerate, else I would already be playing OoT at 60 FPS (I still have hope for it sometimes, but it seems completely implausible now).

And it is normal, some textures (specially the prerendered backgrounds) are not retextured in the pack.

Clements

Might be possible to convert the (E) version to NTSC by altering the region information in the ROM's header. That way you'd get 20fps instead of 17fps.

OP
D

DmxDex

No it isn't possible to raise the framerate, else I would already be playing OoT at 60 FPS (I still have hope for it sometimes, but it seems completely implausible now).

And it is normal, some textures (specially the prerendered backgrounds) are not retextured in the pack.

Is it possible to find backgrounds using the same textures? Or add new ones with this patch?

DETOMINE

Might be possible to convert the (E) version to NTSC by altering the region information in the ROM's header. That way you'd get 20fps instead of 17fps.
Correct me if I am wrong, but the game will actually run faster, and that's not really a good thing.

F

Fanatic 64

Correct me if I am wrong, but the game will actually run faster, and that's not really a good thing.

Exactly. If you change the header from "P" (PAL) to "E" (NTSC), the game will run fast-forwarded, and the sound will be pooping like hell.

Clements

Depends on how good the original PAL conversion was performed if you can adjust the region without major issues. A good number of PAL games actually ran slower (eg slower motion) than their NTSC counterparts. Back in 1996, no one really cared to do proper PAL conversions besides developers such as Rare who are based in a PAL region. Mario Kart 64 is a really good example of slow motion in PAL.

death--droid

I know this is the Project64 section but what about 1964 UltraFast?

I think you can increase FPS with that.

No not at all, all ultrafast does is speed up the rate at which everything is processed(effectively what would be the same as overclocking the processor on the n64) allowing games like Goldeneye 64 run at there originally intended FPS, it will not work on any games that are not intended to run at a higher FPS, Mario kart for instance will still run at its 20 or so FPS

F

Fanatic 64

Depends on how good the original PAL conversion was performed if you can adjust the region without major issues. A good number of PAL games actually ran slower (eg slower motion) than their NTSC counterparts. Back in 1996, no one really cared to do proper PAL conversions besides developers such as Rare who are based in a PAL region. Mario Kart 64 is a really good example of slow motion in PAL.

Zelda is pretty much like the Mario Kart example, but the problem is that if you change the the region to NTSC, then the audio will be fast-forwarded and sound bad and with lots of pooping. I have already tried it.