What's new

Zelda Master Quest

Reznor007

LD. said:
The ROM version has the button icons changed and renamed. And mapping is just a simple case of changing the emulator config ;)

And just to note, the PC cannot natively execute an N64 binary either...

I think the ROM buttons were changed during testing of the english translation of the game for Gamecube. Just look at the copyright date(2003).

They probably updated the N64 version, then ported the C code to Gamecube.

xamenus

Well, GoodN64 2.02 just came out, and according to it there is no US version of this game- only hacked European ones put into NTSC format...

Clements

There are a lot of interesting dumps in the new GoodN64 relating to the ones being pulled off GC disks. For example:

Legend of Zelda, The - Majora's Mask (U) (GC Version)
Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (E) (GC Version) [!]
Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (E) [!]

Bad roms of these would be:

Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (E) [f1] (NTSC)
Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (E) [f2]

I wonder why the US Master Quest has yet to be dumped... maybe it's identical to the (E) rom or something.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Yeap you are right. The roms inside the Zelda WW bonus disk are the same for all regions. When I have some time, maybe I will check the differences between
the Legend of Zelda, The - Majora's Mask (U) (GC Version),
the Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (E) (GC Version),
and the N64 US-PAL versions of the games.

PS: Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (E) [f1] (NTSC) should be the same as
the Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (E) [!] (except the changed region code) but it isn't.

Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (E) [f2] is changed in order for the game to boot on a real N64.

Maybe Master Quest was meant to run by a N64DD and that's why it is a PAL 60 game, but we'll probably never know...

Last edited: