What's new

Zelda: Majora's Mask troubles

Fredoo_21

I GOT EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THE SAME CARD
S3 ProSavage DDR.

And hey, i know this is crap hardware, but these ones come with the ECS M929-LR motherboard which (again) is also a very crappy board, but what can we do? its all we got for the moment. So if you consider there's also some low-budget-emu-geeks out there, then perhaps you should consider looking some testing for this infamous S3 ProSavageDDR

Thanks anyway.

SithLord666

Banned
Fredoo_21 said:
I GOT EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THE SAME CARD
S3 ProSavage DDR.

And hey, i know this is crap hardware, but these ones come with the ECS M929-LR motherboard which (again) is also a very crappy board, but what can we do? its all we got for the moment. So if you consider there's also some low-budget-emu-geeks out there, then perhaps you should consider looking some testing for this infamous S3 ProSavageDDR

Thanks anyway.

ECS Is Bad?? I Just Got A New Computer Should Be Here In 7 Days.
And thats The Motherboard It Has How Bad Is It???
AMD2.8Ghz64-bit Processor getting memory and a new video card for it!

Clements

ECS offer cheap budget-type motherboards, and have a reputation for poor quality. They in general lack a lot of capabilities and features compared to the quality motherboards from Asus, DFI, Gigabyte, MSI and the like.

sed51329

REPOST:

Believe it or not....I just came to the site because I'm having the same problem..... I would like to let you know, it's not because of your graphics card.... It actually has to do with the controller plugin. I was half way complete with the game, Just running around the field, when I decided to try to use N-Rage's Direct-Input8 V2.1.80a controller plugin since Jabo's didn't seem to read my analog, and then I started getting this problem. I tried switching back to Jabo's plugin, and the problem continues.

It's strange. Any help?

yegosimo

Bug Killer
im so tired of hearing about crappy video cards and w/e
i just dont know why dont u guys consider that we do not have budget/interest/knowledge for getting better cards
and i can tell you that i am able to run N64 ROMS with cool graphics, good enough to keep me playing for a couple of hours
why aren't u a little humblier .. plz
oh yeah .. LeAmma, my sis's pc's got one of those graphics controllers
i may run Zelda MM to see if I get the same error, i'll post as soon as i do

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Why? Because perhaps it would take a lot of effort to run emulation on such a crappy card. They lack certain features that the plugin needs to emulate everything correctly. And believe it or not, a geforce 4 card is now very cheap and runs pretty much perfect. The developers don't have all kinds of hardware or time, or perhaps just don't want to support such pain in the ass cards.
Remember that the developers are not paid!

Smiff

Emutalk Member
yegosimo said:
im so tired of hearing about crappy video cards and w/e
i just dont know why dont u guys consider that we do not have budget/interest/knowledge for getting better cards
and i can tell you that i am able to run N64 ROMS with cool graphics, good enough to keep me playing for a couple of hours
why aren't u a little humblier .. plz
oh yeah .. LeAmma, my sis's pc's got one of those graphics controllers
i may run Zelda MM to see if I get the same error, i'll post as soon as i do

irony:
i misread that as yegosimo complaining about all the posts from people with below min spec cards. people here get pretty tired of that, so you know it works both ways. we are not magicians who can produce things from nothing (like jesus?), we don't give min specs for some sort of joke. so if you're happy with that you get, great and enjoy, i have nothing against you, but mostly it's people not even reading the min specs. and past a certain point, that's just lazy.

HOWEVER, there is also a problem (not as bad here as many places!) with some immature people saying "blah your card sux blah blah" which i also dislike just as much. it's not that they're wrong, it's about how you say it. we should probably be stronger against that. or you can maybe be less sensitive, it's just hardware :)

i was thinking we can start a forum just for ZeldaMM, but i'm going to try to put more info into the gamefaq on the site.

anyway this thread has become a mess and needs locking probably

Last edited:

yegosimo

Bug Killer
yeah smiff..
that's what i mean thanks
there's just conceited ppl that just say "your "card" sucks!!!" or things like that. what if u have a small tower in which a new motherboard doesn't fit and so u can't have a better graphics card .. (that happened to me)
gotta realize that
i think we're getting far out of the topic..

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Remember that those cards, like the integrated sort, are crap. Very much so. They are outright pathetic and shouldn't have been manufactured at all. We don't blame you for having such a card, though. You've just been ripped, that's all. Remember that.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Doomulation, thanks for making my point. integrated video is not a bad thing in general, in fact its the most cost effective solution for what they're mostly used for which is running business desktops every day. the problem only comes when people expect them to run certain games and emulators and things. can you just tone down the language a bit please? also they are almost free with the mainboard so it's not "a rip off", you're getting what you pay for. integration just let me buy a £20 motherboard that replaced a stack of pci cards. i think that's great, not cr*p at all.

we're getting a lot of these off topic threads aswell that needs turning down too (me aswell).

Last edited:

Poobah

Smiff said:
Doomulation, thanks for making my point. integrated video is not a bad thing in general, in fact its the most cost effective solution for what they're mostly used for which is running business desktops every day. the problem only comes when people expect them to run certain games and emulators and things. can you just tone down the language a bit please? also they are almost free with the mainboard so it's not "a rip off", you're getting what you pay for. integration just let me buy a £20 motherboard that replaced a stack of pci cards. i think that's great, not cr*p at all.

we're getting a lot of these off topic threads aswell that needs turning down too (me aswell).

That's exactly right. What else should people expect from $5-20 worth of integrated electronics? The reason these "bad" integrated chips are still being produced more and more is because they are of extremely good value and are making huge sales.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
..over at the via arena forums we get silly posts about why can't the damn integrated Unichrome chips can't play games like half life and halo...

sometimes i just wanna buy a shovel and... BAM!

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
squall_leonhart said:
..over at the via arena forums we get silly posts about why can't the damn integrated Unichrome chips can't play games like half life and halo...
Not even these two games? God, so those chips really do suck. Integrated graphics chips chips are fine as long as one's activities infront of the computer don't involve playing graphics-intensive games (or at the very least, games that depend of pixel shader effects and all the other shebang).

Last edited:

Jamsz

I also got S3 ProSavageDDR and whenever I turn into a Goron it shows the first part normally. When the cut scene ends and the character is shown only the head and legs are present and a pop up comes out: "While processsing graphics data an exception occurred you may need to restart the emulator" And if you close the pop up and click on the emulator it comes again. However, Deku and Zora's mask works perfectly (I used the cheat to get the zora's mask to check it out)

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
well mines not really top of the range.. and i can handle not only 1024x768 with 8xaf but i also run it in the ATI code path so i get the active camo effective. :p