What's new

Zelda games graphics problems

EdgeBlade

Brandonn
not sure where to find that, but if you go to http://www.glsetup.com you can d/l a program that will install the latest GL stuff for your card. I recomend this to you and other VooDoo card owners, but noone else. I had a VooDoo card b4 and this thing works great, BUT I've had it just mess up my friends system with a diffrent card it was suppost to support.

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
mike_7286 said:
Yeah I got Direct X 8.1 already ??? I downloaded Project 64 v 1.3 a while ago and didn't see much change, I enabled the reference rasterizer and that didn't change much...maybe I have a bad rom?? Mine is in Spanish so I can't even understand half of anything they say.

Still, any help would be usefull, so would a good link to download DirectControl :blush:

...hehe thanks guys for listening.....

DirectControl link

syphon606

Im having sorta the same problems i guess.

I have a
P3 800 CopperMine
Windows Me/XP DuelBoot
256megs Ram
Voodoo3 2000 PCI
SB Awe64
DX8.1 blah blah

for some reason, PJ64 messes the sky up, dust seems like black blocks. I managed to fix that, but not everything inside buildings etc is all red with odd colors threwn in. Zelda :Mask of Majora runs fine though, the menus just dont clear after i change to a different one, it seems to be only Z:Oot that is messing up like this.

Is it just the voodoo?

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
Yes it is.
look at my previous post where it says "directcontrol link"
download this program and run it.
somewhere in the program(don't remember where exactly) turn on "disable advance AGP" (or something similar)

[edit]
just this rom?
maybe it's a bad rom?
did you verify it with goodn64?

Last edited:

RJA

The PC Wiz
Syphon606, the red sky and black squares (blocks) are resolved with Direct Control

The workaround with Direct Control is to disable "Advanced AGP".
To do this, go to the DirectX settings, to Direct3D, where there's
the setting "Advanced AGP" and disable "Advanced AGP" by clicking on it once, then it will display the message that advanced AGP is disabled then click OK and then close Direct Control.
Afterwards if you restart PJ64, voila!! no red sky and squares.
Enjoy!! ;)

Disclamer: I cannot guarantee that this will fix most of the gfx
if you have a PCI video card, because I have not tried this on a Voodoo 3 PCI. The Voodoo 3 I have is a AGP slot type.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
omg are you guys fucking retarded? its because you have VOODOO! THOSE DONT WORK WELL WITH PJ AND THERE IS NO WAY TO GET ZELDA LOOKING GOOD ON A VOODOO!!!!! :pissed:

EdgeBlade

Brandonn
cooliscoo- go somewhere, anywhere, just not here. :pissed: I can understand not wanting to help something that's been asked 50 million times, but we don't need ppl being unhelpfull. I'm starting to get sick of all these new people showing up and thinking their in charge cuting people down. That's one of the things I really like about here as opposed to other message boards. This place is always a open and friendly place. Anyways, of topic, but still, can't you ppl that are just going to me lame go away? :plain:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
cooliscoo said:
omg are you guys fucking retarded? its because you have VOODOO! THOSE DONT WORK WELL WITH PJ AND THERE IS NO WAY TO GET ZELDA LOOKING GOOD ON A VOODOO!!!!! :pissed:
Yes, of course we know it's the Voodoo!
But we're trying to help the guy to get the games working with his Voodoo. Not all people have the money to buy themselves a new graphics-card.

dolarsrg

look at this!!!

You can read this in the Readme.txt file:
If you have a 3Dfx card, set your desktop to 16bpp, some 3Dfx cards don't do 32bpp Direct3D......3Dfx Voodoo Banshee or Voodoo Series- The drivers for Direct3D are not that great, these cards have some limitations and are difficult to program for.

And this:
- Good video hardware:

Riva TNT, Riva TNT2, GeForce, GeForce 2, GeForce 3, ATI Radeon

- Bad video hardware:

Matrox G200 and G400 - Some blending errors, the G400 looks decent, will not be perfect.
ATI Rage Pro - It doesn't support constants well, it does support multitexturing though.

That means that Vodoo 3 is not a very recomender card....???

dolarsrg

But you can play Zelda OoT

But if you love Zelda, you can try this:

Zelda Ocarina Of time + Vodoo + Ultra Hle Fixed for Zelda

That works great, and very fast....;)

CLSugarman

actually you can get link not being white on PJ64. disabling AGP isn't the right way to fix it. you should use different drivers or force install Voodoo 4/5 drivers. i said this like hundreds of times, but no one seems to listen. oh well. it was too long ago, like 2 months after mr bollywood released his 'fix', i figured out this better way.

JZskaters

I know you guys will say my system is shit but i got zelda to work fine ecxept it freezes up every time link swings his sword it really sucks can anyone help me with my problem

Specs:
P3 500 Mhz
Voodoo 3 3000 AGP video card
34 Gb's
128 Mb of memory
SoundBlaster 2000 sound card