What's new

Zelda Cheat Help

dmc3020

I have been trying to figure out hot to use cheats with Zelda: The Ocarina of Time for a bit now. I have finally figured out how to enter cheats but for some reason it is not working.I know for a fact that the codes are for gameshark but I when I enter the code and have it selected with a check next to it it doesn't work.

The reason I need the cheat is this:
I am currently in the Water Temple and all I need left to do is to get the last small key to open a door that leads to the boss key.

The problem is the path to the key is behind this gate: see attachtment 1
The idea is to hit the eye with an arrow: see attachment 2, to raise the gate
Once the gate is raised you have to longshot to the bulleye on the wall: see atchmt.3

But the problem is that using your keyboard to control the cursor (red dot) it is impossible to aim your longshot at the bullseye, and the gate always closes after the time limit is up so you cannot swim to the ledge and pass the gate: see attachment 4

So I thought why not forget the gate and use a gameshark code just this once to obtain the key. But as you can tell for some reason the gs code is not working. I tried many codes,including, 8011A859 0009 , 8011AD49 0009 , both being infinite small keys, and also 8011A691 0009 which is always have 9 small keys in water temple. Maybe someone else can help me out thanks.

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Are you sure you are entering codes meant for the version of the game you have (i.e. using codes meant for v1.0 do not necessarily work with v1.1, etc.)?

OP
D

dmc3020

Yeah I'm sure. I have version 1.2 and the key codes for 1.2 aren't working, and i have tried other versions just in case.

Rimli

You dont have to use a cheat.
Go to the controlller options and reduce the deadzone to 25 %. Now you can shoot more precisely and will be fine. ^^

OP
D

dmc3020

Oh I didn't see that option. Well anyway I figured it out without cheats, I just chose a new controller plugin that you can use your mouse and did it that way. Thanks

Tre

Oops. Died again.
The one I'm using. N-Rage's Direct Input plugin. You need to set up the Macro options to reflect the mouse being the analog stick.

M

MattiFS

The one I'm using. N-Rage's Direct Input plugin. You need to set up the Macro options to reflect the mouse being the analog stick.

Where can i get it and how do i use it?