What's new

Zelda and white shape error

FatJacky

Hello there, got a quick question for you guys. Ocarina of time runs pretty dang well on my PC, but there is one problem I'm experiencing. See the image below...it has a white box where Link should be. Is this common?

Specs:
Pentium 4 (Prescott with 1Meg cache) 3.2GHz
2GB Ram
GeForce 6600GT AGP (latest drivers installed)

zeldawhitebx7.jpg

I am me

The one of one of planet one
well that happens to me to I think it was one of my codes or mabye your graphics settings it never bothers me though if this don't help than no worries someone more experienced will

SeymourOmnis

Hey! I'm having EXACTLY the same problem as the topic creator. But I'm using a 7600GS PCI-E with the latest drivers, also using Jabo's 1.6 D3D8.

Does anyone knows how to fix this?

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
Jabo's D3d 8 was designed with Geforce 4 TI and Radeon 8xxx in mind, the FX and 9xxx series don't have these issues,... this is a problem with the way the newer cards are handling framebuffers,

try forcing alpha in the advanced settings

OP
F

FatJacky

Jabo's D3d 8 was designed with Geforce 4 TI and Radeon 8xxx in mind, the FX and 9xxx series don't have these issues,... this is a problem with the way the newer cards are handling framebuffers,

try forcing alpha in the advanced settings

My apologies, but I could not find "alpha" in any settings. Could you please clarify?
Thanks again

carbon900

I get the same thing... but only in the first initial seconds when I pause the game.. then it loads the image of link.... it also does that sometimes in the other weapons boxes, but those too revert back to normal after a moment

squall_leonhart

ok i've been doing some testing on a 7600GT i have sitting on my kitchen table lol.

this is a problem with the plugin not handling the framebuffer to the card properly.. D3d 6 works ok and rice video works kinda ok...

Tre

Oops. Died again.
I had the same problem with the 1.52 version, and yes, that IS the one Squall was talking about... it makes Link VERY blocky in the subscreen and sometimes the actions that were going on ~on~ the screen before you pull up the subscreen will "bleed" and run slightly (like a motion blur effect) across and underneath the menus. Plus there does seem to be slight visual errors while using that plug in with most games... but it ~is~ a "fix" if you want to not have Link turn into a big white block in the menus.

I'd recommend trying to stick to the 1.6 version, because while Link DOES turn white, and you will experience a few moments (as you open the subscreen) of white blur, it does work a LOT better overall. Hopefully (and I'm betting it will) a newer version of Jabo's plugin will come out officially with the 1.7 release, and that "bug" will be fixed. For me I don't get the "white block" Link, but it does blink white before I pull up the menu, and Link will turn into the white block for a moment before he transitions.

squall_leonhart

Tre, your Avatar is breaking copyright. i know where thats from and as far as i know.. cutting parts of a comic is against copyright laws.

Tre

Oops. Died again.
I wouldn't either, and it might have been better had I put a link ~in~ the picture to his comic.

At least this I ~know~ isn't copyrighted... since I drew it.