What's new

Zelda 5 Audio setting question

teknoranger

Hello!
I am new to N64 Emulation - this is my first post here. I have spent a large amount of time experimenting with Zelda Orcarina of Time and Project 64 in last couple of days, and have a little question. Which is the best Audio plug-in to use with this game, and what special seetings should I use? The audio often skips around, like it isn't really connected to the game. Also what does the setting 'Send audio lists to emlulator' in the RBG setting do? I have noticed my frames increase from 45-50 to easily 80, if I check off the box. Various plugins have worked with the setting checked, but I have not gotten nearly as good FPS. My computer specs are as follows - 766 Mhz Intel Celeron, a shabby Geforce 2 MX 400 64 MB PCI Graphics card, and 512 MB ram. I am often able to get 45-50 FPS with the sounds on, or like 70-80 with them off. I am currently using Zilmers audio plugin, with the buffer set all the way up. I am using Jabo's Direct3d7 1.40. Please help me out here, I am just about my wits end. Sorry about the long-winded message!

L

Lachp30

Hi, and welcome to emutalk,:)

I would first turn off sync to game audio and I find the game works best with jabos direct sound 1.4 plugin.

Hope that helps you out a little:)

OP
T

teknoranger

This plugin does work well, although are there are any other plugins to try (aside from Zilmer, and Jabo Dsound)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Try out azimer's sound plugin. This plugin is bundled with 1964, so go get that emulator to get that plugin.
Reply if you don't know how to use that plugin, k?
Anyway, check "send audio lists to plugin" in the rsp configuration. It's a little faster, but it can crackle a bit more.

In the sound configuration, however, you may check "sync game to sound", to get perfect sound. Although it isn't recommended.

OP
T

teknoranger

Thanks - Azimers Plug-in does work the best for now, although it is FAR from perfect. I have tried using both versions of the plugin. I noticed that the old driver version (1.30?) does not have a sync to game option. Also, what effect does the buffer have on anything?

RJA

The PC Wiz
Wrong!

READ THIS:

With The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time,
Sync game to audio should be *ENABLED*, otherwise the ocarina sounds will stutter a bit.

2. Larger audio buffer: less stutter, but
more pausing sometimes

Smaller audio buffer: more processor
power required, otherwise *WILL* be
more stuttering.

--------------------------------------------

OP
T

teknoranger

Can I ask what Verson of whatever audio drivers you are using? I am currently using Azimer's audio plugin version 0.30 (old driver), which I have found to work the best. However there no Sync Sound to Game box. Thanks for the replys!