What's new

Your first time

HigherHeat

Grand Marquee
I dont normally start these kind of threads, but hopefully it'll get a lot of replies.

The first time you ever used an N64 emulator, which emu was it, and what game did you try?

For me, it was "Zelda, Ocarina of Time" with PJ64 v 1.2. I got about 16 FPS out of my old Celeron 533!

Dem was de days.

Clements

My comp was never powerful enough for N64 emulators, so I started with Megadrive, Snes and Gameboy emulators well before N64. I tried PJ64 1.5 on my 450MHz AMD K6-2 on tweaked it until I got 30fps (using Unofficial Daedalus on my integrated SiS530 Graphics I had) and got a few stars on Mario 64 and completed a few levels on Goldeneye 007 in single figure fps.

Got my new comp and spread to 1964 and Mupen64 and the rest is history.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
My first emulator period was Snes9x 0.12. =)

And my first N64... that would be UltraHLE 1.0, without even an updated INF... to play Quest 64.

Got 60fps most of the time, with occasional dips to 40, on my 233MHz Pentium MMX with 160MB RAM and my trusty 12MB Voodoo2. =)

Edit: and OMFG! Your avatar is KY! ^_^!

scotty

The Great One
I started emulating N64 properly a year ago, and I think that it was either F-ZeroX or Goldeneye I first played (with PJ64). Before that I would shink the emulator really small to get a fair speed, of course that was back when I was using my onboard intel graphics.

Originally I began with Snes9x V1.39, and then Nester, and (Win)Vice. Of course that is all updated. I still use Snes9x Primarily (Zsnes is still corrupting my computer) for Snes, theres nothing really good out there other than those 2. I use NNNesterJ as primary for NES(but sometimes use VirtuaNes and Jnes), and I still use WinVice because there isnt really a good commodore emulator out there that works as well.

I now try out every new emulator that comes out, and I just like to see how it stacks up with the rest. I think I am in for a few hours trying out the new 1964 when that comes out ("in the year 20XX AD" for those Megaman fans).

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
I started N64 Emulation with UHLE back in the day. I was running a P200 non MMX with a voodoo2 in it. Things ran ok (mario, zelda ran kinda good). I moved from uhle to 1964, to PJ64 where I'm at now. I've gone through alot of PC upgrades though. ;)

Zilla

夢を見られた
My first time? She was a Ditzy Redhead......

:p

Nah, Uhle, read about it in 'Edge' magazine, and was blown away by the concept. :)

Martin

Administrator
PUR - Project UnReality - back in the 90s. Heh, seems like a long time ago. :)

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Same here, some demos with PUR. An amazing work back then. I still remember missing the fanfair the morning UHLE 1.0 was released and hearing the rumors that it actually could run Mario64 and others. Took me almost 2 hours to find a download location that day which seemed forever. Seeing and hearing Mario that first time on my PC was astounding to say the least.

Now my first run in with an emulator on the PC in general was VSNES. Prior to that I did some Sinclair, C64, and BASIC (PC version) with my Atari and Amiga 1000.

Glad emulation has progressed from that, LOL!

Remote

Seems like a long time ago but probaly a early version of nesticle or snes9x, uhle was what got me hooked although...

dnrobs

whats an emulator period tho tag?

edit-ignore that question to much xmas SPIRIT ill be asking for the velocity of a migrating swallow next

Last edited:

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
"My first emulator period was..."

Meaning my first emulator, overall, no specific system or anything. :flowers:

Clements

Period (US) = Full Stop (UK)

Period in the UK means something completely different which I won't go in to...

Knuckles

for me, UHLE 1.46fr, Mario64/Mario Kart 64/GoldenEye,
on my friend's P2 233, 128MB, Voodoo 3 2000 PCI , could play at full speed :)

this PC still exist and I still have the emu setup right here! I took it from a old CD I found where I burned the setup and the 3 roms on it(lost GE, the CD was crap).

Zuzma

I'm from the US and I know it means a full stop (or ahem the other thing). I think there should have been some sort of comma there or something. Anyway online most people throw their grammar out the window since it's really not that important. Well er I don't exactly throw mine out the window I just really suck at writing. :)

Zuzma

:doh: I really should have read the first post more carefully. Anyway my frist time using an n64 emulator was project unreality. Seeing that N logo apear in wave race really got me excited about N64 emulation. Then when ultra hle was released I was blown away.. I mean it was just so sudden and the fact that I could see mario 64 running at 60FPS on my old PII 400 amazed me.

Last edited: