What's new

Your childhood games

Dark Ruler

Chankast 4ever
I remember that day when I was 3 and my brother was 5. It was my brother's birthday, and my mother gave him a Sega Genesis with Sonic 2. That was the first game of my life. Then we started to buy many others, like Cyborg Justice, X-Men 2, Exo Squad, Sonic & Knuckles... After many years the console started to have problems, and that was when I found the emulators. Thanks to them I was able to enjoy those games. Talk about Your childhood games.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
I used to play Commondo, Gyruss and California Games like crazy back when I had my commodore 128.

Allnatural

Technically I started with the Atari 2600. The NES is what really made me a gamer though. SMB, Kung-Fu, Duck Hunt, and Gyromite were the first games I owned.

Miretank

Lurking
same here, I started with Atari 2600 too. After that got a NES. SMB, Dunk-Hunt, Friday 13th, and a lot others that I dunno the name :)

bcrew1375

Allnatural said:
Technically I started with the Atari 2600. The NES is what really made me a gamer though. SMB, Kung-Fu, Duck Hunt, and Gyromite were the first games I owned.

NES for me too. I loved Gyromite, I only got to play it as a rental though. I wanted my parents to buy it for me at a used store, but the store didn't have the robot to go with it. I told the people at the store I wanted it anyway(because I could use a second controller), and the people still wouldn't let me buy it because they said it was unplayable without the robot. Idiots.

Allnatural

bcrew1375 said:
NES for me too. I loved Gyromite, I only got to play it as a rental though. I wanted my parents to buy it for me at a used store, but the store didn't have the robot to go with it. I told the people at the store I wanted it anyway(because I could use a second controller), and the people still wouldn't let me buy it because they said it was unplayable without the robot. Idiots.
Yeah, managing the robot was a pain in the ass. I'd just set the second controller on my lap and hit the appropriate button when I needed to.

'course, most of my time was spent crushing the poor professor. :D

WhiteX

I first got an Atai 2600, than a NES, Ninja Gaiden 2 and Megaman 3 are my favorite
NES games to this day, i traded Elevator action and the secret of the black manta for them, goos memories.

Toasty

Sony battery
When I was a child I didn't have much in the way of video games, aside from a few PC games that came with our sound card, and a few educational games. Aside from that, mostly the only gaming I did was a couple times a year or so I would play a friend's NES and play Super Mario Bros. (that was sooooo high-tech for me, even though the NES was like 10 years old). I didn't really get into gaming until the winter of 98/99 (I had just turned 12 at the time) when my friend and I rented a N64 and Super Mario 64. (After playing nothing but a couple ancient 2D titles, it was very astounding!) I was hooked and the next spring I got my own N64.

Niggy G

HTAFC will rise again!!!
I started with a Spectrum 64k, then had the 128k.

Games main I remember...

Dizzy Treasure Island
School Dayz
Bomb Jack - I love playing this with mame now.

Then came the Master System...

Teddy Boy
Sonic
Psycho Fox
WWF Steal Cage

Mega Drive...

Cannon Fodder
Sonic
Power Drive
WWF Royal Rumble
WWF Raw

Then I got into PC gamming...

rcgamer

the old guy
the most memorable games for me when i was a kid,(of course that gos by your definition of kid, some of the genesis games i was in my early 20's)

karateka on apple 2e i believe it was.
defender on atari 2600
breakout 2600
asteroids 2600
missile command 2600
river raid 2600
yie are kung fu at arcades
joust at arcade
xybots on arcade
pacman and mrs pacman arcade
wwf arcade(the more cartoony original one) was awesome
phantasy star on sega master system
rambo first blood part 2 on sms
rocky on sms
alien syndrome on sms
mario bros nes
ikari warriors nes
zelda nes
rbi baseball nes
tecmo bowl nes
double dribble nes
strider genesis
sonic genesis
battletoads genesis
pga tour genesis
nhl 94 genesis
nfl 94 starring joe montana genesis
castle of illusion genesis

far to many to remember.

Last edited:

Lord Darkstorm

Great sage, equal of heaven
Started with a PC, my first game was the excellent prince of persia. I got street fighter 1 as well, which was rubbish. :D
Shortly after that I got monkey island, which I loved, and then I got a nes, with the SMB/Duck hunt double pack. the game I liked most on the nes was probably SMB3 or Zelda 2. Megaman 3 was bloody hard back then(it's still bloody hard...:D ).

revl8er

That Damn Good
I started playing games like pong and pacman on the atari 2600. What truely made me a gamer was the NES though, I remember playing Mario, Ninja Gaiden, Contra, Kung Fu. These are the things that kept me out of trouble as a kid, and I am glad that they were there.