What's new

(Yet another) Problem with Shenmue II

Riku70

Please excuse me for bothering you all with this, you must be very annoyed of the problems Shenmue causes and the people who doesn't read the forum before posting, but I really need your help to play this great game.

Well, I have the echelon version of shenmue II, or at least it says it is, but, unlike the problems people often have when trying to play an echelon game, my chankast didn't crash or show the echelon intro, it just send me to the BIOS screen. So I seeked a normal backup of the first CD, and when I got it the name of the image was Ech_shen2_a.cdi, it was pretty obvious that it was yet another echelon version but I still tried and mounted the image and it worked. I don't know if it really wasn't a echelon rip or what hapenned but it worked.

There is a thread in this forum that says the echelon intro is just in the first disc, so I tried to run the second disc in chankast, but it detects it like an audio CD, no crashing, no weird intro, I tried burning with discjuggler and creating the image, but it didn't work.

I can't get a regular backup of the second CD so I'm asking you for help, I read in a post that it was posible to remove the echelon intro, but it was a different process for every game. any help would be greatly appreciated.
I apologize for my sucky english.

dw5000ad3

Riku70 said:
Please excuse me for bothering you all with this, you must be very annoyed of the problems Shenmue causes and the people who doesn't read the forum before posting, but I really need your help to play this great game.

Well, I have the echelon version of shenmue II, or at least it says it is, but, unlike the problems people often have when trying to play an echelon game, my chankast didn't crash or show the echelon intro, it just send me to the BIOS screen. So I seeked a normal backup of the first CD, and when I got it the name of the image was Ech_shen2_a.cdi, it was pretty obvious that it was yet another echelon version but I still tried and mounted the image and it worked. I don't know if it really wasn't a echelon rip or what hapenned but it worked.

There is a thread in this forum that says the echelon intro is just in the first disc, so I tried to run the second disc in chankast, but it detects it like an audio CD, no crashing, no weird intro, I tried burning with discjuggler and creating the image, but it didn't work.

I can't get a regular backup of the second CD so I'm asking you for help, I read in a post that it was posible to remove the echelon intro, but it was a different process for every game. any help would be greatly appreciated.
I apologize for my sucky english.

I just have the same problem.... di you resolved it?

Aleron235

The only way I've found to fix this problem is to go against the common advice of using Daemon Tools 3.29 and instead use the latest version. I had no problem after that.

digao1980

I had this same problem, I tried other virtuals drives and did not works too.

So I went to explorer from windows and saw that there was something wrong

with the size of cd, even the chankast showing 74:34 this did not math with

the size of the disc, that the windows showed, it was 65m, then I ripped it

with cdi riper and got 2 files 1 showing 65m and the other showing... nothing

Than the explorer showed that it was a RAW file, so the windows can't read

this. Well the solution was close, who made this in disjuggler did not

unchecked the RAW write. Then I made another image in discjuggler but

this time I got in advanced tabe, checked RAW read

and for cd 2, 3, 4, Overburn CD/DVD .

That it's works fine with me and I hope that work with you too.

Good luck and good game !!!

Last edited: