What's new

Yet another Jet Force Gemini question

kristof

~KRISTOF~
Hi, as you can probably tell im new.

I have one of those questions that might require a really knowledgeable person in emulation to anwer.

I have got "Jet Force Gemini" (and before you ask it is the USA version), I have applied the certain crack to fix the game and it seemed to have an affect (according to the GoodN64 scan)...

BUT

When i go to run the game, it seems to pause on the dextrose logo. Now could this be because I have it byteswapped instead of Big Endian or is it because I have done something completely wrong. I would love to hear form you guys

Another note to add, I have read the GameFAQ and got the new RDB file (just thought I'd add that)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System specs are as follows
------------------------------------
Duron 800
256MB Ram
Geforce 2 Mx400 w/ Detonator XP 23.11
SoundBlaster 128
Windows XP Professional

Curious

kristof said:
Hi, as you can probably tell im new.

I have one of those questions that might require a really knowledgeable person in emulation to anwer.

I have got "Jet Force Gemini" (and before you ask it is the USA version), I have applied the certain crack to fix the game and it seemed to have an affect (according to the GoodN64 scan)...

BUT

When i go to run the game, it seems to pause on the dextrose logo. Now could this be because I have it byteswapped instead of Big Endian or is it because I have done something completely wrong. I would love to hear form you guys

Another note to add, I have read the GameFAQ and got the new RDB file (just thought I'd add that)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System specs are as follows
------------------------------------
Duron 800
256MB Ram
Geforce 2 Mx400 w/ Detonator XP 23.11
SoundBlaster 128
Windows XP Professional

Hi kristof,

I'm not greatly knowledgeable but may I ask do you have the core set to Interpreter?

OP
kristof

kristof

~KRISTOF~
Hi Curious,

Yes I'm pretty sure i tried both of those options when I tried.

(Oh, and don't worry about no bieng to knowledgeable)

Thanx

Curious

I had a similar problem myself with JFG (U) (F1). The core was going to recompiler instead of Interpreter and so it was hanging at the Dextrose screen.

Prehaps you should also check which plugins you are using...grasping at straws here I know!

If anyone would know Paler would.

Allnatural

As the GameFAQ states, the rom will pass the Dextrose screen only when running on the interpreter. You'll then need to make a save state after the intro, and reload the game on the recompiler. Just make sure you load your state before the Dextrose logo appears (you need to be quick).

OP
kristof

kristof

~KRISTOF~
Smiff,

How long exactly should the logo sit there for? Because my version just sits there for quite some time (even when i have the recompiler or interpretor on) having no fps registering.

I thought that it might have been because my rom is byteswapped, but i changed it and it made no difference.

Anyways i'll have a more stuff around with it later.

Thanx guys

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
lol oh wow i wish i could experience that, i cant even patch it i byteswapped the damn thing and what not yet i was never able to patch it

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
i donno why u all are experiencing all these problems. ill tell u from experience that if u follow the provided instructions in GameFAQ it will work.