What's new

Xplorer FX on NTSC PSX SCPH1001?

Pattywick

I was lucky enough to snag a rare Xplorer FX cartridge for the PSX off of eBay a few weeks ago. It finally came in the mail.

I plugged it into the back of my PSX SCPH1001 and I got a blank screen (my PSX is hooked up to GameBridge on my laptop, not a real TV).

Is there a way to get this to switch to NTSC? Someone (LiquidManZero from GSHI, to be specific) told me once that it starts out in PAL, but pressing buttons like L2+R2 switches to NTSC. It didn't work for me. Is this true? What is the button combination?

Or better yet, are there programs out there that allow GameBridge to run in PAL mode?

Will hooking it up to a DVD player with an A/V out convert the signal from PAL to NTSC?

In the Xplorer FX instruction manual, it does say you can switch from PAL to NTSC, but you need to do it via a menu. That means that I would need a guide on how to navigate to this particular menu and option blindly.

Cyberman

Does your bridge accept multiple formats per chance? IE can it accept PAL NTSC etc? Cyb

OP
P

Pattywick

Hey Cyberman! You probably don't know me, but you helped me out with a ROMhacking project years ago. Thanks.

I used X-Killer and an old Windows 98 laptop to change the video mode.