What's new

XK-PC2004 USB converter and P64

Russe

I hope someone can help me. I've been trying to get the XK-PC2004 N64/PSX USB converter to work with Project64 1.6 and I'm having no success. Does anyone know what to do? The program doesn't seem to recognize the converter under "game devices" (it reads it as a "4 axis 16-button joystick"). At first, I thought it might be a driver issue, but allegedly no driver is needed for WinXP. I also tried downloading some other input plugins, but I haven't gotten it to work with them either.

Just in case you need it, I'm running WinXP and the latest version of DirectX.

Also, my apologies if this has been asked before (or this is just not the right place--I tried at the converter's website but I haven't even gotten a response)...I searched around but did not seem to find any related topics, and I'm just about at my wits' end, so I figured I'd ask. Thanks in advance.

Allnatural

Russe said:
The program doesn't seem to recognize the converter under "game devices" (it reads it as a "4 axis 16-button joystick").
That's exactly what it should say. The input plugin "sees" your adapter, so I guess you're saying that when you attempt to configure it nothing registers? Do the buttons, axes, and what-not register in the gaming options applet in Windows?

Last edited:
OP
R

Russe

Exactly. When I press the button to assign a control, it doesn't even give me the countdown--it just goes straight to "Joystick 0," and then when I try to select another control, it gives me an error message about how the "input selection I made is already in use." So yeah, when I attempt to configure in the Win applet, it's not registering correctly (or at all).

Smiff

Emutalk Member
interesting this is the first i've heard of xinga.com

that means the plugin is receiving an input, from button 0. could be a faulty device. everything should be off/neutral when you are not pressing anything. you might need to calibrate the device.

if the controls are not working correctly in the Windows control panel, it's a faulty device or connection, and there's nothing pj64 can do about it, sorry..

Last edited:
OP
R

Russe

Well, I was able to calibrate it to work with a PS2 controller, but when I tried an N64 controller it just wouldn't work--there's definitely input, but it's like the controller is just going waywire. The controller I used was a little beat up, though (I had to borrow my neighbor's because I'm at college and don't have my N64 up here), so I'll try one of my own and see what happens. I'm thinking there's gotta be someway to get it to work, because if it works with the PS2 contoller there's no reason it shouldn't work with an N64 controller.

Allnatural

Russe said:
when I tried an N64 controller it just wouldn't work--there's definitely input, but it's like the controller is just going waywire. The controller I used was a little beat up, though...
I've seen this problem before. There's no fix but to use a controller that's in very good (preferably brand-new) condition.

Your adapter sounds very similar to the one that Boom makes. The Boom's are known to be a bit flaky in their N64 support.

tinRobot

Hi there,

I have the same converter, plugged it into a USB port, and it works just fine without having to install drivers etc etc. Except...

I can't seem to get the rumble pack to work, even though it's active in the settings.

Any ideas?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Some adapters require the drivers to be installed, otherwise the rumble feature doesn't work.

Lightbringer_x

Hi.

I just bought that "USB Converter for PSX + N64" and I have the following problem:

The controller works just fine after half of calibrating.
It's impossible for me to calibrate it.

When i'm ingame, the controller works, but the analog stick is much to "direct".

For example Zelda Majora's Mask:

I want Link to sneak and so i used the analog stick just a little bit, but link is running like hell is behind him -.-

Any fix here?