What's new

Xbox Controller XBCD

Quickblood

I've got an old Xbox Controller wired up to a USB cable and using XBCD. Unfortunately I do not understand how you even begin to map the correct key for game play. It's been a pretty simple process for other emus but this one I just don't get.

Has anyone set this up?

Help?
Project2.jpg

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
1. Ditch that god-awful controller plugin.
2. If you really must use Chankast, use ElSemi's controller plugin instead.

OP
Q

Quickblood

1. Ditch that god-awful controller plugin.
2. If you really must use Chankast, use ElSemi's controller plugin instead.

I'm not really bothered what Emu I use I just want one that works and I was told this was the best.

I also wasn't aware that there was a choice in Xbox controller plugins. I'd like to try the Elsemi one but while there's a lot of talk about it here and on google there doesn't seem to ba anywhere available to download it.

Edit: Nevermind I found the Elsemi plugin thing! :bouncy:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Controller plugins do not care what kind of a controller you have, in general. Plugins see every controller the same way, provided that you have the basic drivers installed and that the Windows Control Panel detects the controller.

Xtreme2damax

I'm not really bothered what Emu I use I just want one that works and I was told this was the best.

*Cough* NullDC *Cough*

Chankast is far from the best now, but if something doesn't work on NullDC and works on Chankast then use Chankast by all means. :p

Looks like someone who gave that advice has been away from the emulation scene for awhile. :lol:

But still, that doesn't relate to your problem/question at hand so as Agozer just said as long as you have the proper drivers from Microsoft for your 360 controller it should work fine.

Also as said ditch that pad plugin for another pad plugin. That plugin was a major bitch for me to configure back when I was using Chankast before the release of NullDC. I forgot what the other pad plugins were for Chankast, but theres another which is much easier to configure.