What's new

XBCD Xbox controller help plz!

NecronomicoN

Okay, I'm using an old school xbox s-controller as my windows gamepad. It's the more compact controller, not the original bulky one. I've installed redcl0uds XBCD driver; the newest version - 1.07 I believe. I have the Ultima edition of FF7, and the controller works great for that game. Project64 manuals and such say that it is cooperative with a windows gamepad. I've tried just about EVERYTHING up until posting this. This is my last hope. I've read countless issues and have come up empty handed. Actually, most of the XBCD issues I come across are all in regards to the 360 controller, and not my old school reg. xbox s-controller. I've tried Jabo's and N-Rage's controller plugins to no avail. I've read several different manuals on these plugins as well, and come up with nothing. The devices dropdown menu in both of the plugins list the "xbcd xbox gamepad" but when I select it to use, it still does not work during emulation. I've calibrated the controller several different times, still nothing. I have no idea what the problem is, so maybe someone can help. Thanks in advance.

OP
N

NecronomicoN

Every time I check my post, there's more views. Yet no one has replied. If you take the time to READ my post, it sort of implies you know something, seen something, have experienced something similar, or are at least curious. For christs sake, I'm just looking for a bit of help. So HELP!

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
0.2.6 is newer than 1.07, because it is based on the 360 version and has additional fixes for both.

and whats this about ff7 ultima?....

There is no version of FF7 on the n64.....

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
IIRC, Final Fantasy VII Ultima is a texture/music enhancement mod (and some other "fixes") of sorts for the PC version of the game. Yes, it has nothing to do with Nintendo 64.

OP
N

NecronomicoN

Oh yeah, I know, I guess I should have clarified. What I meant was the the controller works flawlessly for ff7, but NOT with P64. I know it has nothin' to do with n64, I was just saying that the controller does, in fact, work. No faulty wiring or driver issues. I just can't get it to work with P64.

OP
N

NecronomicoN

Oh, well just for the record, I've got it working. A controller plugin pak I downloaded contained a plugin that totally worked. So thanks for all your 'help'. You guys are about as useless as they fucking come. 71 views, and TWO responses, BOTH of which state that ff7 was not on n64. Oh THANK YOU captain fucking obvious! Gosh, until you said something, I had no idea that Final Fantasy was a PS franchise. Thank you for your fucking wisdom you imbeciles. Oh, and congratulations 'squall' guy, you got to reinforce your obsession with final fantasy. So anyway, yeah I fixed it. On my own, without any of your help. Douche bags. Oh and by the way, go check out the XBCD driver page. 1.07 is the newest, most recent one. Now you can go back to not helping anyone with any of their issues, and just simply saying nonsensical shit that applies to nothing. Oh yeah, then go jerk off on your mom. Bitches.

X-Fi6

I bet only 1/10th or so of those 71 views weren't search engine crawlers.

Btw, thanks for the link to XBCD, squall.