What's new

WWF No Mercy-->Problem

Dolemite

I have attempted to use the (U) version of WWF No Mercy with 1964, and it does not work. I have tried all jabo plugins including v 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4 and they don't fix the problem. I have tried disabling the FPU hack and changing the Counter Factor, and that still doesn't help. Basically what happens is when No Mercy loads, all I get is a black screen, upon keyboard input, I can see the fade outs done when exiting the game's title screen, but there are no graphics present. If I look carefully, I can see a rectangle-shaped quick flash of lighter black/grey (this is part of the game). I'm running DirectX 8.1, an Athlon 700mHz processor, with 384 MB of SD Ram, a Matrox G400 Max 32mb graphics card and a SB Live! Platinum Edition sound card. Does anyone have any suggestions with what is wrong? Additionally, instead of the black screen problem, sometimes the rom won't even load, I'll just be booted back to the 1964 main screen.

Last edited:

tmoney1046

Fire Man Until This
All u have to do is change the geometry transform from external to internal in Jabo's 1.3 gpu:1964:

Whobetta

It works for me full speed, all you have to do is as mentioned by changing the transform to internal. It works in both 1.3 and 1.4 jabo plugins and azimer sound 0.4. Be warned thought the text are black and messed up throughout, though you can hear what mode your choosing..

yan24

1964 NOMERCY SETTINGS

Basically i am still using 1964 0.7.1 cus' version 0.7.3 the game cant be saved. Hope to have the game saved
in the next version.

[4E4B0640-1B49BCFB-C:45]
Game Name=WWF No Mercy
Comments=Playable - use Jabo 1.4
Alternate Title=WWF No Mercy
RDRAM Size=2
Max FPS=1
TLB=1
EEPROM Size=3
Counter Factor=4

Expansion Pak= YES
EEPROM SIZE= 4KB
ADVANCE ANALYSIS= YES

Use Jabo Direct3d 7
Display Tab
Resolution = Direct3d Hal
Windowed Resolution = 512 + 384
Fullscreen Resolution = 640+480+16
Buffer display= Transfer Memory
Tick Anisotropic Filtering

Emulation Tab
Geometry Transform = Internal
Texture format = 16bpp only
Checked all the boxes below

Advanced tab
Checked all the boxes below

Sound Plugin
Use Azimer's Audio v0.30 (Driver Rev 2.2)

Input Plugin
Use Nrage Direct Input 8 version 2 1.80a

PHEW!!!!

1964 Rules..Keep up the good work guys..
Hope to have the Jabo's video plugin updated.