What's new

wtf?!?!?!

shark1686

hey what in the world of golfing monkeys is up with 1964?!?!?! im trying to get banjo tooie to work but i cant even get to the introductory screen before it freezes i have fairly good specs (including gf3 graphics card) and its starting to tick me off!!! (yes i checked "use rdb") some help please?? sometimes i get as far as where you pick your game and then core goes up to 99% and everything else drops....... im going pj if i cant figure this out (its slow thats why im trying to get 1964 to work)

tbag

Hmmm.. wierd try using Jabo's Direct3d if you arent allready then play with the settings

Duncan

N64 Addict
We cant help you unless we know your system specs, and from your post here and on other threads, seems like your having major problems. If PJ64 is running slow for you then you must have below Required System Specs (read the included documentation). We also need to know what plugins your using, as this can have a major effect.

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
Very occasionally this happens to me - I could never put a finger on why but not every time!!!

OP
shark1686

shark1686

my specs are: windows xp (home edition)
600mhz pentium3 (yeah i know its slow but all the other games run full speen even goldeneye)
544 ram
64meg gf3 card
soundblaster audigy
is there anything else you guys need? i briefly thought that 1964 was having trouble with my cordless keyboard its in a usb port i also noted that on banjo tooie i load a state sit there for how ever long i want then when i move in about 5 secounds the core shots up tp 99% and drops everything else

MaGiX

Banned
Could be that processor of yours or maybe it isnt a good rom. Also is it a PAL rom or a NTSC?

OP
shark1686

shark1686

hmmm not sure, its american, so that means ntsc? It works fine in pj64 (slow but fine) also i found out that i got it to work with 1664's no audio plugin. so i guess that solves it, you either have to pick sound or speed on my machine but thx for the advice

RJA

The PC Wiz
Known issue

With the Daedalus gfx plugin, *EVERY* second+ time you attempt
to load a game, the game will fail to init.

Workaround:

No joke, after you close a ROM, to play or restart a game,
you *MUST EXIT AND RESTART 1964*
- Click the X in the upper right corner of 1964 and then double click on the 1964 exe icon

..Or use Jabo's gfx, but still the issue may occur.

2. *IMPORTANT*

Delete *ALL* of the 1964 registry entries with the registry script
in the \1964_084\Uninstall folder

Last edited:

iq_132

Banned
Settings you have changed for your plugins are stored there. If you delete them, your plugins and emulator will return to their default settings.

*Grammatical error*

Last edited:

nlgamer

same problem here same (almost) specs as shark1686
used Jabo's dx6 tried dx7 winxp (pro) don't work core always goes 99%
thnx in advance all n64 games run fast

OP
shark1686

shark1686

update: i found out (somewhat) how to fix it just use the no sound plugin that sometimes fixes it