What's new

Wow...the ultimate Voodoo?

Trotterwatch

The user Flash owns one of these, and I'm pretty certain Tagrineth does too :) Edit: (seems like this is a different one... teach me to read the link properly in future)

Last edited:

Knuckles

shit, it is still using the extrenal power supply!!! damn, this thing is more rare than the V5 6k itself!

blizz

I remember this card, one turned up on ebay shortly after 3dfx went belly up

it's a nice historical item of "what might have been"

Reznor007

It's not the ultimate Voodoo though.

Quantum3D made a system using 32 VSA-100 chips(yeah, 8x what this is) with 2GB of video memory. A damn monster. Not even Radeon 9800XT has the fillrate that thing did. Of course, it consumes so much power I don't know how many power supplies you would need.

EDIT-That is raw fillrate though. A 9800XT would beat it in real performance.

Last edited:

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Knuckles said:
shit, it is still using the extrenal power supply!!! damn, this thing is more rare than the V5 6k itself!

The external power supply on the V6 wasn't really necessary...it was just a marketing gimmick to give you the illusion that the card was *powerful*.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Holy cow...current bid is $500! Who'd pay so much for that card?! That's far too much for any gfx card.

Clements

That would be the ultimate graphics card for N64 emulation! With so much Voodoo power, it probably wouldn't slow down very much in the motion blur/framebuffer effects of the Glide64 plugin (which all nVidia/Ati owners are insanely jealous of I'll bet!)

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
It's nice that the guy selling this is giving the proceeds to charity and not keeping it himself, it's a good way to raise funds selling something that rare.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Trotterwatch said:
The user Flash owns one of these, and I'm pretty certain Tagrineth does too :) Edit: (seems like this is a different one... teach me to read the link properly in future)

Heh, I have no $$$ so no 6k for me :p

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
the guy is a total pratt. it's been discussed over at overclockers.com forums. look at the pictures, and you'll notice the nice static-charged carpet he has the motherboard and graphics card laying on.

What a stupid fool:rolleyes: