What's new

wow... impressive :)

Because im at work?! and home is 15 miles away.. i dont know about your eyesight or armlength, but for me its pretty difficult to do right now.

Brcue

They don't spin backwards, but data is read from the outside of the disc. This is probably why GC discs can't be read in DVD drives, the drives don't know where to look for the Table of Contents. Likewise, they can't be burned. Good job Nintendo! :tr64:

Flash

Technomage
Brcue said:
They don't spin backwards, but data is read from the outside of the disc. This is probably why GC discs can't be read in DVD drives, the drives don't know where to look for the Table of Contents. Likewise, they can't be burned. Good job Nintendo! :tr64:
Yep GC disk is a bit like ol' good vinyl disks :)

Well then if you think about it, if someone that is really good at programming, could design a program that you can load before placing the game cube disk inside a dvd-rom drive to intialize reading from the outside of the disk rather than the outside. Obviously this is a possiblity if disc t@t2 was possible on the Yamaha CRF1E professional burners. I would try but we're not into C++ in my program at school, we're doing VB.Net *icK* and I'm sure I couldn't accomplish that sort of feat with java

khanmeister

Banned
thedaemon666 said:
Well then if you think about it, if someone that is really good at programming, could design a program that you can load before placing the game cube disk inside a dvd-rom drive to intialize reading from the outside of the disk rather than the outside. Obviously this is a possiblity if disc t@t2 was possible on the Yamaha CRF1E professional burners. I would try but we're not into C++ in my program at school, we're doing VB.Net *icK* and I'm sure I couldn't accomplish that sort of feat with java

There are reports that various burners can read GC disks, in particular some type of Pioneer drive has been mentioned repeatedly.

You may just need a drive that isn't super "picky", or some such thing.

bLAdEbLA

Insert clever rhetoric here.
khanmeister said:
There are reports that various burners can read GC disks, in particular some type of Pioneer drive has been mentioned repeatedly.

You may just need a drive that isn't super "picky", or some such thing.

I still don't see the point of *directly* burning discs when you can access the contents of them through a cable, then burn them if you wish.