What's new

Worms Armageddon: worm direction

OP
B

BonsaiUlmus

peace be with beer!
hear that legend, they'll turn!!! :cheers:
Does anyone know if they are working on that fix?

rcgamer

the old guy
actually they work on rices plugin. I checked again with glide and it wasnt woking (though i could have sworn i saw it on glide website). anyway heres a pic.

OP
B

BonsaiUlmus

peace be with beer!
thanks for the help. im just getting in to this and i got about eighty games to tweek so they work. Im having one heck of a time getting the bad guys to show up in kirby, I've seen it work perfect at a friends house. any ideas?

rcgamer

the old guy
i played around with kirby for a little bit and gln64 seems to work pretty good in game but it has some errors in the intro and such.

Legend

rcgamer said:
actually they work on rices plugin. I checked again with glide and it wasnt woking (though i could have sworn i saw it on glide website). anyway heres a pic.

But as reported before the game is unplayable because of the slowdowns AND pauses but I'm sure with all this talk about it lately Rice might figure out what the problem is.

And Kirby works fine at your friends house because he is using BY FAR the best looking, least buggy, easiest to use and configure and MOST compatable plugin (if you have a Voodoo): GLIDE 64 which Everyone should have, along with evoodoo to use it. Or you can do the smart thing if you actually care about N64 emulation and spend 15$ on a Voodoo 2 add-on card so you can use this plugin perfectly.

Last edited:

Legend

Where do you think bozo, I mean bonsai.

I might even be nice and help you set it up. :matrix:

Last edited:

rcgamer

the old guy
hmmmm funny thing is i just got a voodoo 3 from ebay for 10 bucks. I am so looking forward to seeing what glide0.5 can really do.

Legend

rcgamer said:
hmmmm funny thing is i just got a voodoo 3 from ebay for 10 bucks. I am so looking forward to seeing what glide0.5 can really do.

V.6 is going to be amazing, greatly adding to the compatability of the plugin. It should be released in a couple weeks.
The REAL advantage to a V2 is that you can have that AND another vid. card running together to form one HELL of a BAD ASS MACHINE. One of the ones I got was actually only 3 bucks! With shipping though it was 10$. Also you can hook to V2's together to double their power and memory, and it's just cool running THREE vid. cards in one computer.

Last edited:

jessman1988

Banned
Well, Kirby DOESN'T EVER RUN PERFECT! The life bar is screwed up and only changes when you enter another "scene" in the game. Does ANYONE know how to fix this?

gandalf

Member ready to help
Orkin it´s still working in his plug-in,maybe,Kirby will be fixed (most of the errors or all of them) in GL N64 0.5

OP
B

BonsaiUlmus

peace be with beer!
kirby looks great in glide64 with evoodoo, but the sound is still a little tweekish and it crashes quite a lot, (i also have the lower health bar and special icon refresh problem) :

if only microsoft learned a thing or two from unix then we wouldn't have this whole crashing problem and I would only run windows. :linux: (closest i could find to a unix smily)

Legend

Dude, you can't f---ing blame Microsoft because a freeware emulator crashes sometimes. Aside from n64 emulation my computer NEVER NEVER NEVER crashes. And yaeh I'm sure no program ever made for unix has ever crashed. Christ dude.

OP
B

BonsaiUlmus

peace be with beer!
its not the program crashing im talking about, unix is designed so that even if a program crashes it is always contained to that program, the whole system doesnt crash because of one program (i've seen that happen on every windows machiene). but that is not what this forum is for. I'm just stating a way to make windows FASTER and BETTER than it already is. (yes unix runs faster than windows on the same powered machiene) :linux:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
BonsaiUlmus said:
its not the program crashing im talking about, unix is designed so that even if a program crashes it is always contained to that program, the whole system doesnt crash because of one program (i've seen that happen on every windows machiene). but that is not what this forum is for. I'm just stating a way to make windows FASTER and BETTER than it already is. (yes unix runs faster than windows on the same powered machiene) :linux:

Thats a load of rubbish, :ranting:, Windows XP does a very good job of keeping the system stable, when one program crashes on my system it DOESN'T take the whole system with it like you claim, if this is the case for you, you're doing something wrong, because this rarely happens for me.

As for unix, sure it "might" be able to run faster than windows, but on my system Windows XP is extremly fast in most operations, I rarely get any slow down.

Its like saying that DOS is faster than windows, it is but its alot less functional than Windows XP is.

Funny how my system is equal to yours in power yet mine is more stable and faster ;)

Last edited: