What's new

Working emu?

I don't think Dolphin is actively in development, Fires just makes the emulator a bit slower each day to kill warez kids. Whinecube isn't active because the coders haven't found any improvements, and Dolwin... is dead until the coder gets killed or he gets outta the army. I don't think Gekko will be better than Whinecube or gCube, look at Dolphin. It started as the most promising GC emulator ever, now it is a dead snail coded buy a guy too busy to drink a glass of water. So, GC emulation is dead.

spotanjo3

You are very negative, Master Magnus. Have a respect and if you do not like it then get out! Buy your NGC and that's it.

You are being rude.

GC emulation isn't dead - it's just been born and can't walk yet.
I bet it will walk when the GC is dead - too late. And since the Dolphin is slower than a pregnant snail after 3 years of development, then I won't trust too much on Gekko. It seems Gamecube emulation is quite a challenge, even for Fires. But anyways, let's see what this new emu can do, we haven't seen anything yet. As of now, I'd better not believe anything I see.

Toasty

Sony battery
It's not just the emulator; even if it had no bugs and was perfectly optimized, current hardware would likely have a hard time keeping up. Didn't it take ages for the first decent N64 emulator to be developed too? And, by comparison, a Gamecube is disproportionately powerful and complex compared to today's PCs than the N64 was compared to PCs of the time.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I think Dolphin has come quite a way. Many games are showing graphics and although not playable, they look fine anyway. Speed isn't an issue. The main things the developers need is time. And their time is apparently scarce. What we need are faster computers.

Azimer

Emulator Developer
The unadulterated beginnings of emulation were NOT to cater to warez kiddies. Thank you whoever banned that one guy! I will keep these forums clean even if I actually have to visit more than once a week!